lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
loflyer2880
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Fuel pump issues

I have a robbins 350 that gets used every weekend for at least a trip around the property. I am on my second fuel pump in about 18 months. Would you run the gas dry if you could everytime? Would you run the carb dry and leave gas in the fuel pump? Is there any chance of screwing up the fuel pump if I turn off the gas and run it dry also? I am using staybil in the gas for the ethenol crap gas.
loflyer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel pump issues

I personally don't run it dry no matter how infrequently I use my cart. Sea foam or stabil are good choices for gas treatment. Maybe the ethanol causing issues but I have not experienced any. Did the diaphragm rip or fail each time?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am with sccowboy, I would never run it dry. My experience has been there are more issues with gaskets, and such being dry, and shrinking/cracking or what ever, than from leaving gas in there.
I will say this, I use stabil in my generator, and in my riding mower, (mower since has gone to heaven! LOL!). In the generator, never had an issue. In the mower, I would have to pull the carb and take it apart and free up the float any time it sat for a month or two! Also, the fuel hose on the mower would get eaten up, but not on the generator, same gas/stabil mixture used in both, poured from the same gas can, generator, never a problem, mower, ALWAYS a problem. Contacted Stabil to ask them about this (copper float thought that may have something to do with it) after sending 2 or 3 emails asking if they had any ideas, or if it had anything to do with the copper float, they NEVER bothered to answer me so I stopped using stabil, and that was several years ago and have never had a problem since.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I have always used sea foam if I needed to treat the gas and it seems to work well.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #5
loflyer2880
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK I will try that this time.
Thanks Gentlemen
loflyer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO