lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Dalkeither
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGo twins

What years were the EZGo twins manufactured? Any recommendations on the most reliable year(s)?
Dalkeither is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo twins

I am guessing you mean the twin cylinder Robins... I am guessing but I think they made the scene around 90 or 91 maybe a year or so later... All the engines were the same as far as the design.. There is a 295 9 hp and a 350 11 hp... They remained the same until somewhere in the early 2000's when the MCI engine came along... As far as reliable years, most of these engines failed commonly to regular wear from countless hours of use until rings were needed.. In other words, they are great engines... Not much on hp but good engines as long as they are not abused and regular maintenance is performed.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Their downfall and our loss is they were a one time use engine ( no crank bearings or proper oiling).
Designed to be tossed out at 4000 hours
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Their downfall and our loss is they were a one time use engine ( no crank bearings or proper oiling).
Designed to be tossed out at 4000 hours

I disagree.
I rebuild 10-20 of these engines a year. The number one reason the engine is just simply worn out from use and the other reason is lack of maintenance or being run out of oil.
These engines were first used starting in 1994 1/2
The engines produced from 1994 1/2 -1996 were just about bullet proof. They started right up Evan in the middle of winter in 15 degree weather and they had no rev limiter plus the timing was more advanced than the 1997 on up engines.
Then in 1997 for what ever reason they retarded the ignition timing added a rev limiter and didn't harden the intake valves enough so they would wear out prematurely.
Then in 2004 they came out with the mci version wear they cast the head and exhaust manifold in one piece removed some of the cooling fines on head and removed the oil galley that ran across the top of the valve cover. Than in 2008 ezgo started using the single cyclinder 349cc Kawasaki engine when they came out the new rxv model

The oiling system is pressure system, but when they get run out of oil the connecting rod furthest from the oil starves of oil and will overheat and lock to the crankshaft.
That isn't a bad design just what happens when you don't check the oil level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What is the best oil for these engines, I'm thinking of using a synthetic oil.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #6
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLERTIME View Post
What is the best oil for these engines, I'm thinking of using a synthetic oil.

I like sae30 they are a hot running engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
robin engine, twin cylinders
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO