lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2pg Head Bolt Washers

Hello everyone.

So I've got my 2pg piston installed into my new cylinder and now the head. Well when I took it off there was one and only one of these thick beveled washers (pic's) on all of the six head bolts. Question is, is this washer necessary or can I just use a flat washer with a lock washer and be okay. Obviously someone has had this torn apart before I got into it.

The help is always appreciated!

Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2pg Head Bolt Washers

Some bolts have a 90 degree corner where the head meets the shank. Other bolts have more of a radiused corner to relieve stress. The bevel on the washer allows the radiused head to set down in for 100% contact of the mating surface.

We use them all the time on jet engines. Only you can decide how important that is to you. Maybe get some flat washers, and see how well your bolt head fits. A slightly larger hole would help a lot.

EDIT: Before you put it all together, double check that the hole in the side of your piston is facing the intake.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay I see what you mean on the "tall" head bolts. The other two short ones seem to be at a 90. If someone wouldn't had cobbled this all up is know how to put it together! I hate to ask but then the only washers on the tall bolts are the beveled ones with no lock washers and the short ones are just a flat washer and a lock washer?

Also the port on the side of the piston I put in facing the carburetor side, that's correct right?

Thank you!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Look at page H-10 of the manual. I'm seeing washers under the cylinder bolts, and nothing under the head bolts.

Yes, you are right. Port side of piston towards the carburetor.

Let me run outside to see if I can spot my washers.

EDIT: I have washers on the engine mount bolts that screw into those studs. It's impossible to see under the shroud.

ANOTHER EDIT: Page H-10 says there are lock washers on the cylinder bolts. It does not mention any other washers.
Page H-18 has the torque specs for all of those bolts.

Another Reminder: Rings go bevel side up with ends around the alignment pins in the piston.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #5
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay great. I have lock washers on the cylinder bolts so I'm good there.

I did have the rings on upside down, they wouldn't compress so I flipped them and them squeezed in fine on the piston. I guess I'm good to go, thank you very much again!

Tags
2pg, bolt, head, washer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO