lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem with new carb

I put In a new spark plug, new battery, and new air filter. The carb was leaking gas but the cart was running well despite the leaking gas. I ordered a new carb and installed it today. The cart will eventually begin to idle with the gas pedal down, but it will just putter then stall, never engaging the clutch to move the cart. I’ve tried pulling the choke and leaving it in, but same result. The gas pedal is moving the fuel line at the carb. The choke is connected but a little tight. Not sure that would cause it to fail to engage the transmission altogether.

What am I missing?

I made sure the oil pump line was connected, but have not tested the oil pump itself. Am I supposed to adjust the screws on a new carb or would they come appropriately fitted? Any help would be appreciated!
Lukedlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Problem with new carb

China carbs are poor quality I'd fix the old carb if it's leaking fuel it could be the one ring around the bowl or a stuck float but since it was running good while leaking that points toward bowl o ring leaking use the o ring out kd the new carb and put it on the old one and see if that fixes the problem
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
China carbs are poor quality I'd fix the old carb if it's leaking fuel it could be the one ring around the bowl or a stuck float but since it was running good while leaking that points toward bowl o ring leaking use the o ring out kd the new carb and put it on the old one and see if that fixes the problem
I agree.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I put the old carb back on. The cart is taking a long time to get to idle state, but never revs up enough to engage the clutch. I’m really frazzled on this since it was running but leaking at the carb before. I used needle from the new carb in the old one, but that is the only part of the new carb used. Any guidance is appreciated.

When I press The accelerator, the start turns over, but it hesitates after one revolution and does not get the cart to that idling stage when you can hear the engine turning over but the clutch is not yet engaged. It will do this for 25-30 times before the cart finally idles. It will idle for about 45 seconds with the accelerator pressed, but never engages the clutch to move.

Thanks for any help
Old 04-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

pull the plug and check to see if its wet when it cranks a lot with out starting

it may be flooding out
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Took plug out. It’s dry.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

OK, its just running on the starter, have you checked to make sure you don't have a broken accelerator cable?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try a shot of carb cleaner in the carburetor throat while cranking & see if it will come to life for a moment. It sounds like you're still not getting fuel. Most of the time that "idling" people mention is the engine turning over on the starter and not really running at all.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Try a shot of carb cleaner in the carburetor throat while cranking & see if it will come to life for a moment. It sounds like you're still not getting fuel. Most of the time that "idling" people mention is the engine turning over on the starter and not really running at all.
LOL try this- pull the spark plug wire off, then press the gas pedal. You have just performed a miraculous feat, you got your engine to "idle" with the spark plug wire arcing to some random bolt somewhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #10
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

To answer the three responses:
Thank you for taking the time to advise me.

Golf cart guy - the accelerator cable is moving the cable at the carb, so it’s got to be working.

Meimk - I can Try that, but not confident it will keep the cart running.

CGTech - I’m not sure what you are advising. Are you making a joke or do you have some guidance for me to try something new?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha