lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G-16 Fuel pump problem

Synthetic would be the same. 1qt, 10w30. The pulse line needs to be pulled tight to the pump, straight, with no dips or extra tubing.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #12
longboard1
Not Yet Wild

That info. change any opinions or spark any other ideas?
longboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboard1 View Post
I'm sorry, The cart DOES start the following day, but Shortly runs out of fuel, Usually stranding me halfway down the driveway. When I flip up the seat, the filter is empty and no go. Pull pulse tube, blow until clear, re-attach and runs fine. Gets a yearly tune-up including plug & oil change. Not sure on valve lash as I pay someone local to do it the last couple years and it's never been discussed.

It's due for svc now, so synthetic is easy to do---what weight/spec?

The buggy was running like **** for a whole summer, but never had this problem ----took it to a guy---he said the unit that gives it spark was loose and way out of clearance spec. He repaired that, tuned it up, adjusted gov. to give me some more top end and regular tune up stuff. Have had this problem ever since.

If the coil was loose it would be a mess right now. Sounds like you took it to the wrong guy for sure
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
longboard1
Not Yet Wild

Not sure how his repairing the coil issue makes him the wrong guy or relates to the pulse tube, but thanks.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Check your gas cap. It may not be venting correctly.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:15 AM   #16
longboard1
Not Yet Wild

Update;

Finally got a round tuit. Took off the air box to get to the pulse tube and found the tube itself was very soft and swelled up on the engine side. For about eight inches. Normal diameter and hardness at fuel pump. I suspect heat and some exposure to oil caused the swelling and it was collapsing due to the deterioration. Oil looked just slightly over full.

Replaced the vacuum line. Changed oil. Going to test tonight.

Perhaps fuel line would be better for a pulse tube as it would resist swelling when exposed to oil and heat ?

Anyway, thanks for the assist everyone! Fingers crossed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha