lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
Chris1179
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Clutch servicing on G2

If there was a thread about the g2 specifically I apologize.
I wasn’t able to find it .
I have read many of you speaking about the general maintenance and oil/ lube of the clutch ( primary and secondary)
Mine is working brilliantly and according to what I have read it also looks pretty good with the plastic clips and all.
I am not familiar with what I should do to keep it working properly and I hazard to guess this clutch hasn’t seen much love in a long while !
Can anyone detail what I need to do to service it??
I would appreciate it .
Chris
Chris1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Clutch servicing on G2

All answers should be in the service manual...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Clutch servicing on G2

I would take the cover off the primary and make sure its clean, if you want you can put a small drop of say 3 in 1 oil or a synthetic on the pins in the links and weights that move, clean off any extra. I like to use superlube on things like that its synthetic and does not attract dirt. If some are very loose they are looking to break soon. You can do that maybe once a season, though it is recommended to do nothing or use a dry lube for most clutches, in this case we know those pins wear out and fail and the clutch is covered to keep dirt out while many are not in other applications where oil would attract more dirt and be a bad idea, or again use dry lube like silicone or graphite. Put 1-2 pumps of grease in the fitting on the edge of the sheave, you don't want more that is the center bushing and it will make a mess of your belt if you have too much, again clean any excess that comes out the center bushing.

The secondary some have fitting near a ramp some older ones don't. You want to grease the center shaft inside the spring, its the center bushing for that. I have used lithium spray grease on shaft if no fitting, otherwise same deal 1-2 pump grease but it wont get on belt as easily as the primary if any comes out. Check the ramps for smoothness, check the pads, check the spring make sure it is preloaded (spring is twisted against the ramps) and not broken and just sitting in there. Check the wear on all sheaves from the belt, it will dish the sheave in from wear, though steel sides tend to not wear. Eventually they will not shift that good and wear through the sheave and tear up the belt, but takes decades in most cases unless you run in a lot of sand. Check belt 1" wide is minimum sooner for a lifted cart. That covers most of it. I would grease about 2-3 times a summer, so maybe every 1-2 full tank of fuel, but I was trail riding so it was getting a lot of use not just putting around the yard. I was also trying to make it last.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha