lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
tracksidebuggie
Not Yet Wild

Default Positive camber on front wheels

I have a stock height G29 and had some toe and positive camber. Did an alignment and toe looks better but cant adjust camber. Its pretty positive. Anyone have this issue with their carts? Both sides are the same and nothing is bent, (figured if it was abused it would be negitive). Just doesn’t look good and dont want to wear tires on pavement.
tracksidebuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
Chilly
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Positive camber on front wheels

Is it still positive with two passengers seated?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
tracksidebuggie
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it is still positive, Doesn't squat much with us 2 in it. Feels pretty stiff in the front.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
HBR
Gone Wild

I have the same problem with my G29. I was thinking I could cut and weld the shocks/struts to correct the camber. But the front end (and rear) is so stiff that I think the real solution is to try to soften the suspension up. But the shocks/struts on the front end doesn't make that easy.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have had that problem with yami g29 at the course I worked at, every time something was bent cause there is no camber adjustment, check where the rack bolts to the frame, a good hit to a wheel bends it so the rack is not laying straight, I made a tool to straighten that part after removing the rack, works great.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #6
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

forgot one thing, check the steering arm that bolts to the spindle, it should be perfectly flat, this can cause toe and camber issues too.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
tracksidebuggie
Not Yet Wild

I will check these tomorrow when I get home. Its kind of annoying having it so positive! Worst case I'll cut and weld like it was mentioned up higher!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I got my cart I noticed the positive camber also and started looking into what could be done about it. In the process of figuring out what could be done about the sway problem with passengers in the rear facing seat I was jacking up the cart replacing the rear springs and making spacers from the front springs. The front suspension uses a single A-arm where the shock assembly attached to the upper part of the fame. In this configuration the length of the shock will change the camber. When I installed spacers on the lower part of the shock spring it made the the spring stiffer and longer and this corrected the camber issue. This made for a stiffer ride which wasn't what I was going for. Another solution to correct the camber without modifying the shock assembly itself would be to find a way to make the upper attachment point of the shock adjustable outward to correct the camber. By elongating the hole outward on the upper shock mount the shock can now move outward to correct the problem. This was suggested here on the forum, and by adding some large heave flat washers on each side of the upper shock mount on the bolt that holds the shock in. The correction could now be made and the washers could be welded in place. I wanted to be able to make adjustments in the future so I fabricated an adapter to go over the upper shock mount that would allow me to.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1062105

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ml#post1062237

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pictu...ictureid=24389

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pictu...ictureid=24387

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pictu...ictureid=24386
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha