lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
mikoz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Plowmans belt and clutch for 18 quietech PTV

Hi all

Already upgraded air filter with k&n, and cart is 3” lifted with 14” wheels and rear seat. Governor was already modified.

Anyone have any opinions on the Kevlar belt they sell? Was there really a difference? They also sell a clutch setup...same question... any opinions?
Finally, does the clutch change require you to remove the back seat and cover or can it be done underneath the cart or with the seat up?

Seems they have no email...and hard to get through to them.
mikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowmans belt and clutch for 18 quietech PTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoz View Post
Anyone have any opinions on the Kevlar belt they sell? Was there really a difference?
Yes, I have one and am extremely happy about their belt!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #3
mikoz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sformal View Post
Yes, I have one and am extremely happy about their belt!
Thanks. What was your observation about the power differences, was it significantly in the low end? Do you also have the clutch kit or just the belt?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Please post a pic of the air filter element. Their prior offering allowed the filter to be bypassed entirely, all dirty air.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoz View Post
Thanks. What was your observation about the power differences, was it significantly in the low end? Do you also have the clutch kit or just the belt?
Just the belt... As it is a G15-A (Japanese 4 seater), we cannot really compare...

Cannot say the belt makes a difference in power, now with a high speed gear (8:1) on a stock engine (same as G16-A), I was needing a strong belt and this one makes the job. The primary sheave is from CPP, the secondary has a UMAX, it is original for 4 seaters as for the G11 (utility) I think.

I also tried the G-Boost extreme belt but prefer the Plowman (almost same price).
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I don't know about the Drive, but have Plowmans upgrades on a G16 and a G22.

The G22 w/22" tires just has the secondary clutch kit. Low end torque vastly improved with the machined sheaves and correct spring for the cart. 30+ mph with gov mods.

The G16 w/20" tires has the Hot Setup. Filter box mods, bored out carb, gov mods, free flow exhaust, etc. Great low end and performance to boot.

The products are top notch. I've found that getting the whole package at one time works much better than the "let me try this, and now maybe I need that" approach.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
mikoz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I already have a k&n filter so I’d be interested only in the secondary clutch and belt. Can the secondary clutch mechanism with the new spring (I assume his kit has a new spring) be changed out without removing any panels? It looks there’s just one bolt on the end of the sheave. Since it’s pretty new, it should come off easy.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:23 PM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I'm not familiar with the clutch removal on the Drive, but on the 16 and 22, I just jack it up and remove the tire. The clutch from Plowmans will be setup for your cart and usage. You will work that out with Don when you talk to him.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #9
Yamaha2000r6
Not Yet Wild

I bought the whole plowmans setup for my carbureted drive. With 23 inch tires it runs about 33-34. Mods included were: governor bypass, air filter, air box modification, carb jetting and both primary and secondaries with the belt. I can say the kit as a whole is well worth the price. I’ve pulled shrubs out of the ground, waverunners, etc. low end as well as top end are grately improved.
Yamaha2000r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
mikoz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi all

I spoke with Don today. I didn’t realize that you had to take the secondary off to send to them and then they send back a kit with the modified secondary along with instructions.

I’ll wait until the winter when the cart isn’t being used as much to do this.

Also it looks like the back seat and inspection cover have to come off. My wife will love that, she’s tired of seeing the thing being taken apart to install various things... I put it an amp and more lights and a GPS recovery tracker in case it’s stolen.

He also seemed to not like the k&n filter and said it would allow a lot of dirty air into the system, but I a man kind of skeptical of that. But he won’t sell the thing ala carte, so you have to get the whole thing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha