lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2019, 06:10 PM   #11
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: my "new" free golf cart

got the new parts put on an she's up an running now, here's a part 2 video of it. more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taC857HIKgs
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

got it all painted up, almost done with it. looks a million times better then it did when i hauled it home LOL.. here's the link to my youtube channel to watch it. make sure you watch all 3 parts from hauling it home till now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmfiG9oODqg
Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #13
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumastorm View Post
got the new parts put on an she's up an running now, here's a part 2 video of it. more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taC857HIKgs
to me the comet clutch is nice and smooth when cleaned and the pucks lubed but the down side to it is there is no "idle" bearing like the stock clutch has. Basically just a collar with a bearing in it that will let you push the cart easily. The comet clutch you have to take the belt off or your not pushing it. did you by change service the secondary clutch? usually just need some cleaning and some fresh grease and examine the forward/reverse shoes on it.

Your dash is in great shape which is awesome. if you have not done so clean all your high voltage cables. One of the best things I did for my 84 was make new high voltage cables (from battery to starter/gen and from there to solenoids)
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #14
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumastorm View Post
got it all painted up, almost done with it. looks a million times better then it did when i hauled it home LOL.. here's the link to my youtube channel to watch it. make sure you watch all 3 parts from hauling it home till now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmfiG9oODqg
Looking good! look for a black steering wheel from a later Yamaha golf cart, would fit right in!
like this. its what I have on both my G1s
https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-GOLF...wAAOSwVO1cwInr
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:41 PM   #15
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yea i checked an lubed up the secondary clutch, it working smooth. an yea i noticed these comet clutches keep ahold of the belt an it wont roll at all with motor off, so i cheat an use my floor jack under the axle an jack tires off the ground an roll it easy then LOL.. i havent cleaned the high voltage cables yet, it cranks fast an fires up easy but i know it wouldn't hurt to sand em shiny again , or else make new cables like you did.

if i can find another steering wheel i'll replace it, not really liking the clip board in the middle style, would like something more "car" like, like whats on it now. i might try sanding it down, paint the center spokes an wrap the outside with leather but thats still an idea.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:46 AM   #16
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

looking good sir great fine for sure
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:30 PM   #17
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

got some bumpers made an installed. didnt get any video of doing that since ol lady took the camera with her on her trip so i took some pics with my phone after finishing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image (82).jpeg (366.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg image (97).jpeg (389.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2019, 10:48 PM   #18
tacticaltoad
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post

my first G1 was free. these things are tanks and will run forever with some maintenance. Take your time and clean, service everything while its down. Check, clean or replace all cables from the battery to starter/gen and from there to the solenoids. These corrode and cause voltage drop that's does all kinds of weird things. Best thing I ever did my 84 was replace all those cables and ends.

The comet clutches are nice, easy to service and smooth operating but do not have the idle bearing like the stock clutch and that makes it a real PITA to push the cart. stay away from the aftermarket brake shoes, unless stopping is not important.
I dont want to high jack, or veer this thread of course, but could that possibly cause a pause in the starter turning engine over (corroded high voltage lines)? Engage pedal, starter spins motor to top dead center, then takes about 2-3 seconds, spins over and fires right off. Same thing in reverse but takes a tad longer to spin past top dead center. Brand new battery.

OP, the cart looks great. I just picked up a good running G1 Monday for $500.00. Good tires and runs like a top at 16mph without governor bypassed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
tacticaltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha