lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
Yamaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Tachometer for G29

Hello, so I have seen several threads on here about tach’s but I have not see any that answer my questions completely.

I have been told and seen several people say that if you get a tach that works with 1,2 cylinder motors you can just wrap the pickup around the spark plug wire and it will work. But no one that I can see has provided pictures or really explained how this works. How may times you wrap it etc. Can anyone shine more light on this?

Yes I am aware of the tiny tachs and ones like it. I do not care for the way they look or the fact that they are so small you can not see them while driving. I would much prefer an analog sweeping dial style.

I am also aware of the equus E8068. But I have questions/problems for this too. 1 anyone know if it works on a g29? 2 I really don’t want to spend 80-100 dollars as its going to be used most for tuning its not like I need the thing to shift. 3 I was hoping to get a little smaller as I want to mount to the steering column. 4 and this is really my biggest concern. I have seen lots of places say you need a tach that works or a 1-2+ cylinder. The equus seems to only have 4,6,8 options on that model.

If anyone happens to know the safe rpm range for a g29 that would be awesome info to have too. I am sorry if I am asking stuff that has been covered already, but I spent the better part of the day combing through the threads trying to get the info I need.
Yamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Tachometer for G29

The Equus 8068 will work on anything with a spark plug wire no matter how many cylinders and either a 2 or 4 stroke engines. I have 1 on my VC 460 clone in my G14 and 1 on my 440 F/C 2 stroke snowmobile engine in my HD cart. The G14 it is mounted on the steering column and the HD it is in the dash.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
Yamaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Tachometer for G29

Thanks!
Yamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29, spark wire wrap, tach
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha