lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
wchouinard1
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 seat insert

Putting my G1 back together finally. Several of the bolts that held the seats to frame were rusted and had to pull the threaded insert out of seat to get them off. Any ideas to replace them in bottom of seat?
wchouinard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 seat insert

This is a pain in the butt. I never actually did this on a G1 but have gone through it with a lot of other restores that I have done. I think that all efforts to get those inserts back in place will be futile, unfortunately.

What has worked for me is installing something called a "pronged T nut". Pic attached. Just make sure you get sizes that are a good bit bigger than your hole. You may have to trim your bolts so that they dont poke into the seat too far.
Attached Images
File Type: png T Nut.png (4.3 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
wchouinard1
Not Yet Wild

That looks like a good idea. How do you fit them inside the seat bottom? Take seat apart?
wchouinard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

A better tool would be a "rivnut" tool. You'll find all kinds of uses for it. uhttps://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.htmlses
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchouinard1 View Post
That looks like a good idea. How do you fit them inside the seat bottom? Take seat apart?
Those just pound in with a hammer from the bottom of the seat. Just like you're hitting a nail. Those 4 little spikes will dig into whatever material it is. They will want counter-rotate in that they will want to turn opposite of the way the bolt is turning when it goes in. No need to take the seat apart.

Smallblock, I never knew your suggested tool even existed. I have a ton of uses for that separate from this post. Great lead.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha