lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
DigitalFubar
Not Yet Wild

Default FIRST GOLF KART. g8a QUISTIONS

ok so i got a g8ag given t me and its been sitting for awhile and pack rats got to the wiring.. i spliced what i could back together and it ran and so i moved onto the body.. went to start it again a few day later and noting..no spark. well got frustrated .. kicked it and revisted it a few days later,, well im thinking the key switch.. played with it and it started.. then same issue..

so 1. is there a diagram for dummies on this kart for the wiring.. ill pay if i have to.. like this wire goes from here to here with pics lol.. again ill pay..

2.. can you by pass the key switch and some how keep it running and kill it with a kill switch and start it via push button?

well thank you for any future help..

im in northern nv
DigitalFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: FIRST GOLF KART. g8a QUISTIONS

http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/yamaha-schematics

You can PayPal me one million dollars for the diagrams. You didnt say how much youd pay so I'll seize the opportunity

I'll let someone else chime in about making it idle. Some people do it, I dont like midline unnecessarily. I like pedal start :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Jumping the start/stop switch under the pedals will result in the carts engine starting and shutting off with the key switch like a car. Both my carts are done this way.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
DigitalFubar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/yamaha-schematics

You can PayPal me one million dollars for the diagrams. You didnt say how much youd pay so I'll seize the opportunity

I'll let someone else chime in about making it idle. Some people do it, I dont like midline unnecessarily. I like pedal start :)
thank you.. still figuring iut where things are haha
Old 05-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
DigitalFubar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Jumping the start/stop switch under the pedals will result in the carts engine starting and shutting off with the key switch like a car. Both my carts are done this way.
perfect! also does one have to use a golf cart switch or will any key switch work?
Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
DigitalFubar
Not Yet Wild

what karts are basically the same? and what would you recommend with me being new to glf karts? i am trying to get this going on a limited budget.. freer the better haha

i got spark plug,carb,filters,universal Yamaha wiring harness coming, the carb is supposedly a direct oem replacement .

also is there any place to get affordable parts? some of the prices ive scene are crazy..heck even good used parts,,
Old 05-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFubar View Post
universal Yamaha wiring harness
Never heard of a universal wiring harness. Where did you get that? What was it listed for?

the carb is supposedly a direct oem replacement .
A rebuilt factory yamaha carb is much better than the cheap chinese aftermarket carbs, those don't seem to work well.

also is there any place to get affordable parts? some of the prices ive scene are crazy..heck even good used parts
Factory Yamaha parts are going to be more expensive but will be the best there is. Cheap? That's subjective. Check with some of our sponsors that are factory authorized dealers. Sometimes they may offer a BGW discount? Never hurts to ask.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #8
DigitalFubar
Not Yet Wild

wiring harness

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

also on the diagram ..for the key switch.. while i wait for a new one to come would i twist the wires i have circle in the picture to start it or?

https://imgur.com/YA19WYw
Old 05-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That harness is for lights only, if ya didnt know.

And yes to the start wires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:31 PM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That harness is for lights only, if ya didnt know.

And yes to the start wires.
Yeah that's what I thought. Never heard of a "Yamaha Universal" harness lol. It's basically for all golf carts, for lights.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha