lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
sixty3
Not Yet Wild

Default Help me build my G9

I am wanting to put together a list of parts to order and items to check as we go through and modify this cart.

So we have been using this cart around the yard for a few yrs and this winter I am ready to invest some cash into it. I joined this forum as most to help troubleshoot or fix issues that I had. Since then have enjoyed watching and learning as others have created more than a golf cart. I have been really searching past posts trying to get a direction and parts list started.

I recently took our cart for a nice 3+mile drive with even a little timber action. We have some issues such as having to run the choke open, still trying This is still an all stock cart and wanting a little more. Here is my criteria:Going to be used around the yard to pull a small trailer to pick up sticks and debris after storms.
Taking nice evening/morning rides down mostly black top country roads to see my parents and brother. Will see a couple gravel roads if we choose to take the shorter path. Lots of grandkid rides!
We do have timber to drive in but its mostly groomed grass so don't see actual trail type rides with this. I would like it if possible to go across farm fields so looking at chisel plowed at the worse case condition. I enjoy shooting long distance so in the spring and fall like to put targets out at 600yds.

I'm looking at a complete frame off modification, checking the engine _ rebuilding if neccessaryy, new paint, etc...Going to be a winter project.

Regarding a lift it seems Jakes Long travel adjustable seems to be the best? And I want and will pay for the best. We want the best ride over worse grounds.

I've seen quite a few post for Don at plowmans and still looking at his services as it would be a nice 6hr drive up Lake MI for us in central IL just to get parts. Looks like he offers upgrades and till trying to understand those. I really like when he says "more of a sport utility vehicle than a golf cart" and that is what I am after!!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kevin

Stock G9A _ Fleet Master _ Model G9AG _ 1991
sixty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha