lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
RowcoRocks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Lightbulb Yamaha G29 Team Clutch Spring Upgrade

First Post on this forum! Been reading a ton on here and learned a bunch, so thanks for that. I own a Yamaha 2011 G29. I ordered a Jake's Power Spring(Yellow). I also ordered a Performance Plus High Torque Spring(Green); also smaller than Jakes Yellow spring. My question is, can i use the Green Spring and the Yellow spring on a 2011 Team Clutch TOGETHER. It would totally fit, but is there a thing as too much spring tension? I could care less about top end, 15-19 mph is plenty fast for what I'm using it for. I hope this makes sense. I have called Don's and plan on going that route next winter. It will have a RHOX 3" Lift Kit, with 20x10x10 tires. I have also adjusted my throttle cable, which made a huge difference.

The green spring fits inside of the yellow spring.
RowcoRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Team Clutch Spring Upgrade

If you want something that will work great for whatever you use the cart for, call Plowmans. Buying springs online with no explanation of how they will work on your cart isn't always the best idea.

Don is the best. Money well spent.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_yamaha_drive.html
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha