lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Purchased high-speed gear set and mechanic is saying it's the wrong set for my G14?

I purchased a high speed gear set from Pete's for my 95 Yamaha G14 golf cart.

You can see the cart here.

Here is the gear set I purchased.

This picture is of the old/new next to each other (old on the top):

This picture is zoomed in on the old gear:

Is my mechanic wrong or is Pete's website wrong?

My golf cart had a Predator 670cc motor dropped in, but I thought the rear end was still original.

When I look more closely at the picture, I should have received something w/4 bolt holes:

Is the center hole on my original one necessary?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Purchased high-speed gear set and mechanic is saying it's the wrong set for my G1

Not having much experience on this specific model, seems like the picture of the item description does not match what you received UNLESS it is done that way to maximize applications to other carts. Have you checked if any of the 8 holes match the 4 of the original ones?
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Purchased high-speed gear set and mechanic is saying it's the wrong set for my G1

You have the set for the later G 14 with the Dana rear end. You need the gear set for the early G 14 with the yamaha G 2 type rear end. Mine is a 95 and has the yamaha unit. I was able to get the correct gears from CPP
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
You have the set for the later G 14 with the Dana rear end. You need the gear set for the early G 14 with the yamaha G 2 type rear end. Mine is a 95 and has the yamaha unit. I was able to get the correct gears from CPP
Is there supposed to be a big hole in the middle or should it accept some sort of shaft like the one I have pictured?

I found this on CPP, is this the model I should choose to buy?

ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

He doesn't change the pic for the earlier model but the you do see he does list the different gear set. Here is a pic of the CPP supplied set for the early G 14
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0857.jpg (445.4 KB, 0 views)
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The one with 8 bolt holes is for TEAM axles.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:11 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The G14 was a new cart but the drivetrain was not ready, so they started with the G9 drivetrain. Eventually they ended with the G16 that had the new body and new engine/trans complete. I'm sure others here can tell more.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g14, gears, high speed, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha