lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 crank bearing stuck in the case

I just split the case on my G1. The crank bearing on the clutch side was growling pretty loud.
The bearing is still in the case as opposed to being on the crank. Rebuild manual says nothing about this bearing..??
Do I remove it inward or outward? Theres a snap ring on the outer side which would imply it goes outwards.
Little help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201206_145654.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 crank bearing stuck in the case

It’s supposed to do that. And it gets installed in the case then the crank gets pulled in. Put the case on a single burner and monitor temp with heat gun then knock it inward
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=150712&page=3
Old 12-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
It’s supposed to do that. And it gets installed in the case then the crank gets pulled in. Put the case on a single burner and monitor temp with heat gun then knock it inward
Aaaaah, I see. One bearing came out with the crank, and the other remained in the case. I’ll go borrow a bearing puller to get the one off the crank and go from there.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Aaaaah, I see. One bearing came out with the crank, and the other remained in the case. I’ll go borrow a bearing puller to get the one off the crank and go from there.
Thanks
Don't press that out cold, do like Mike says and heat it up in a propane grill to about 250 degrees. That bearing will almost fall out. If you try to press it out you risk damaging the soft aluminum case.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:00 PM   #6
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Don't press that out cold, do like Mike says and heat it up in a propane grill to about 250 degrees. That bearing will almost fall out. If you try to press it out you risk damaging the soft aluminum case.
Tossed it on my camping stove and ran up near 300 degrees. Came out pretty easy. New bearings are in the freezer tonight.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Tossed it on my camping stove and ran up near 300 degrees. Came out pretty easy. New bearings are in the freezer tonight.
There you go. Do the same thing with the frozen bearings, pop them in the warm case, good to go. When you install the crank, stick that in the freezer too. You can warm the bearings up a little before you slide the crank in, but don't use direct heat. It's tricky, but I actually put the bearings and cases back in the grill and warmed them up just a little, then carefully slid the frozen crank in with some PB Blaster on it. I had to press it together, but not too much effort. It actually worked really well.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #8
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
There you go. Do the same thing with the frozen bearings, pop them in the warm case, good to go. When you install the crank, stick that in the freezer too. You can warm the bearings up a little before you slide the crank in, but don't use direct heat. It's tricky, but I actually put the bearings and cases back in the grill and warmed them up just a little, then carefully slid the frozen crank in with some PB Blaster on it. I had to press it together, but not too much effort. It actually worked really well.
So what’s the secret for pulling the crank through the flywheel side of the case? For the left side, I used a PVC Pipe and various washers along with the LH original bolt to pull the crankshaft through. The Right side has a male thread so I have nothing to thread into. Thinking of finding another nut and welding a Threaded rod to it... But what size is that nut?
Old 12-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

i think your backwards here. the flywheel /stator side is the threaded side with the male threads to hold the flywheel on. the clutch side is female threads. m16x 1.0 I think. Ill confirm with my clutch puller
Old 12-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #10
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Male threads flywheel side of crank is m16 x 1.0 clutch side female is m14 x 1.0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 715ED22E-9EA0-4482-9567-032BE12CA9B5.jpg (115.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12C0BEC6-0F9E-41C9-9AC3-FF07B1C03E4A.jpg (151.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha