lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default High Speed Gear Install Info

I have been going CRAZY trying to find some sort of info on the installation of HS gears in my 2006 EZGO - I realize it can't be rocket science, and I've had basically every assembly of the TXT apart at one time or another EXCEPT the rear axle, but I am concerned that it might be beyond my abilities, or at least possibly outside the realm of my tool collection ... Anyone have a link or lead to a step-by-step, or at least some pointers - will I need access to a press, etc. I *LOVE* the HS gears in my 97 TXT, but they came already installed with the cart, this time around it looks like MY Huckleberry if I want them in this cart. If someone could lend a hand or three, I plan on shooting vid and pics of the whole ordeal when I do it to help others who may be in the same dilemma ...

Thanks in advance as always !!!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: High Speed Gear Install Info

Did anyone ever come up with the help you needed? I have been wearing out google trying to find the same thing. No luck. Just threads here with photos that can't be seen anymore.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

the big hs gear secret! we sell the heck out of these things but have no instuctions.why is this? no idea maybe cause as soon as you made them some snowflake would try to put them in and sue you.REALLY it is not that hard i have done quite a few cc and yam not any ezgo but it is not brain surgery. it is not like a car rear end that has to be shimmed and adjusted and while a press can be helpful many do it without one.its remove and replace and pay attention to where the parts were and put them back.always willing to advise if i can call me
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The verbal descriptions I've read should be enough for me but it always helps to see it. More than anything I'm apprehensive about how long the parts have been mated together on a '96 TXT.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
The verbal descriptions I've read should be enough for me but it always helps to see it. More than anything I'm apprehensive about how long the parts have been mated together on a '96 TXT.
These rear end are much of an over kill for the horse power, torque and RPM's that a cart has!

I bet most get installed with out much set-up.

But if you want to do a proper set-up just watch some you-tube vid's on car rear ends. They are much the same. Its all about how the ring and pinion meet. not to deep and not at the end of the gears.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As far as I can tell there is no pinion gear in the '96 txt gas differential. All straight cut gears except for the small gears in the differential portion that I would usually call spider gears.

All I am really concerned about is how best to split the case halves in one that hasn't been opened since built.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
As far as I can tell there is no pinion gear in the '96 txt gas differential. All straight cut gears except for the small gears in the differential portion that I would usually call spider gears.

All I am really concerned about is how best to split the case halves in one that hasn't been opened since built.
My mistake, although I have an ezgo I have never had the rear end apart, I have had Yamaha's rear end apart and they are just like a cars rear.

I just went and looked at my 1996 TXT and I see your point. Long steel bolts going thru aluminum case!
Maybe a little heat and a 3/8's drive ratchet (lol) the good thing is they all look to be thru bolts! so if you do snap one you can drill it out with out much trouble.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear to split it after the bolts are out is to bang it vertical on the ground with the driver side wheel and tire to the ground. Seems a little rough but I don't see any places designed to help pry it apart with a pry bar, screwdriver, etc.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #9
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I hear to split it after the bolts are out is to bang it vertical on the ground with the driver side wheel and tire to the ground. Seems a little rough but I don't see any places designed to help pry it apart with a pry bar, screwdriver, etc.
I don't think you will have much issues getting it apart. rubber mallet !!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hope you're right. It is in very good shape, just hasn't ever been disturbed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO