lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Anybody used ITP Blackwater Evolution Tires on UTV's

I'm looking at these for my Toro Workman 3200. It's heavy and needs the 8 ply rating. The rear tires on it now are Turf Savers and I know they will pack with mud or snow.

I have been looking for something that will have a load rating of at least 1000 lbs ea. and higher psi rated (18-24) so I can vary ride for weight in it. Many of the tires I found just have a max psi of 7-10 and load rated of only 300-500 lbs.

Even though snow should not be an issue this late in winter mud will be at times and next winter will come again.
Thanks

WPR Build 34 ready set go.jpg
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Anybody used ITP Blackwater Evolution Tires on UTV's

I have been looking at:

ITP Blackwater Evo's or STI Roctane XD ATV Tires
Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Testing....testing.... Hey is this thing on.....? Still looking.... Anybody know of any other 8ply mud/snow tires?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Kenda Bear Claw HTR's. They are a radial tire too. 8 ply. It's what's on my cart. I was gonna go with the Blackwaters but these were $150-$200 cheaper and I love them.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

The Backwater's are heavy,...may hurt your performance on whatever you put on. I swapped to my summer time tires this weekend, (mud-lites). Didn't realize how much a difference it made.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #6
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks guys... its for our Toro Workman so weight really does not matter much but I'll keep checking on the other brands people tell me about.

WPR Build 34 ready set go.jpg

Our property is in the mountains and very soft pine needle loam so I need something that will give better traction then the rear turf savers that came on it. They spin too easy even with diff lock on.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Got my Blackwater's from a local cart shop for $110. so I should have next week.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Can't wait to get'em on...
ITP Blackwater Tires.JPG
Old 06-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I got the tires and can't use them! They are so stiff (8 ply) they can not get them to pop onto the 10.5" rims on Da Bull..... Dang! These tires are designed for the ATV/ UTV market and a 8" wide rim....

I'm learning that while the Toro Workman 3200 is designed to carry 2000 lbs in the bed...

2005 Toro 3200 Workman tag.jpg

I will never carry that much... I thought I needed the carry capacity so the 8 plys.....Then I really will never carry that much so a lighter ply tire will do. All I really need is about 700-1000 lbs per tire load rating. So now on to the next item.. Most ATV/ UTV 2-6 tires are rated at 3-500 lbs. load and that will not do.

I found a complete set of Workman wheels both front and rear for $50. so I got them. Now this gives me more ways to go as it has 8.5x10" fronts and another set of 10.5"x 12" rears and the same size brake drums both ends.
I can use the 10" wheels on the rear .... it will narrow the rear track but since its about 4.5" wider stock with the 12" wheels I can ues the front wheels (8.5x10" wheels) will still have a wider rear track so it will be stable for dumping.

Another problem I find with the Blackwaters is the thread depth (1"+ tall) while great for a UTV may be a little too much for the pine needle loam soil as I do not want to tear up the ground and leave tracks too much so.....

ITP Blackwater EVO Tires.jpg ITP Blackwater Tires.JPG

So now I may use Carlisle AT 489's since the thread blocks are only 3/4" tall and be a little less aggressive then the BIG BOY Blackwaters. These will have to use the 10" wheels and only can get 24" tall tire, the same as the stock Toro size.

carlisle-at-489-group-large.jpg

Or stay with the rear 10.5" wide X 12" wheels and run a set of Field Trax in 26x12x12's. It will give me 1" more ground clearance so thats a + for them.

carlisle-hd-field-trax-group-large.jpg
So today I have to make a decision....
Old 06-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

All done... I ordered and got the AT489's in 24x10.5x10 and they work real nice and they still will haul anything I need to do with a 900 lb. load rating. Now because they are more narrow than the 12" wide turf tires I can trim my flares in the rear about 2" each side. They ride real nice because they are not "stiff as a brick"!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts