lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
daldo2369
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear End Rebuild

After getting some feedback about how wide my Gosawki Build(in lifted cart section) is and the fact that I went with plan "A" and finished it, I ended up with this.. I did buy a cart axle off Fleabay for plan "B". My question is how hard is it to remove axle tubes? I got a set of extra tubes (Pumpkin out) given to me the other day and I want to center the Pumpkin using the two longer shafts and removing 1" from tube and 1" from the gear end of the axle shaft. I believe that will make overall measurements 46", the axle now is 40". guess it would be equivalent to 3" spacers. Any tips would be helpful now before I tear into it next week.
daldo2369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
daldo2369
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear End Rebuild

Turns out the guy that I built a shop for used to build race cars for dirt tracks. That would have been helpful when I was building my cart. I knew nothing of suspensions then! any ways he is going to help me redo my rear axle to change things around on the cart.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
daldo2369
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone heard of a locker that will fit this rearend? Just for a future thot, Posi track in back would be helpful out here on the farm.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
shawn.m
Gone Wild

that is a 2stroke rear axle. nothing for it. have to go up to a 96up rear axle to get the locker
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
daldo2369
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you know where I could buy some higher gears for this axle? would like to see if I could get reverse cut ring and pinion so I dont have to flip axle and worry bout oiling the pinion bearing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center