lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default EZGO TXT Electric Motor interchangeable with other motors?

Hi. I have an electric 97 ezgo txt that im working on. I was wondering if the electric motor is interchangeable with different 36v motors? The controller has 3 large posts and 5 pins on the top, nothing on the face. under the floor there is an inductive throttle sensor. The problem i am having is the cart keeps frying the reed switch inside the charger jack. If i jump the reed switch, the wire gets warm and the cart will not move, just gives a little jump and nothing more. I tested the microswitch under the floor, at the forward/reverse switch and they are good. the solenoid does not activate and has been replaced. My thinking is the motor needs brushes or is shot, or the controller is shot. I have extra motors laying around from yamahas and i think a couple club cars. i wanted swap out a motor and try it first before moving on to a controller and frying it again. any thoughts?
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO TXT Electric Motor interchangeable with other motors?

first of all i would make sure your batts are installed correctly and are good. I have never seen a reed switch get hot. It sounds to me you have bad wiring. I have jumped many of reed switches without ill effect and the wires dont get hot. Sounds to me you might be shorted some where.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The first time this problem came up, the reed switch was popped. i replaced it and the cart drove for 2 mins and then stopped again. thats when i noticed the reed switch was blown out again and the wire was warm. all the batteries are connected properly. i pulled up a wire diagram and found all the wires are in the right spots and the connections are secure. there are no worn wires with exposed copper.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you have a short in the harness somewhere. Check continuity between the red reed switch wire and the frame of the cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I will try that tomorrow. now the customer was complaining that the cart was slow. she replaced the batteries and it didnt help. could this short have contributed to the speed issue as well?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO