lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2022, 07:31 PM   #1
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lithium discharge question

I haven’t posted in years. I have decided to upgrade my batteries to lithium. I have an Alltrex 600amp controller. Obviously this is a peak spike to draw 600 amps. I’m a little confused about battery discharge and overcurrent cutout. I don’t want to spike to current where the batteries shut off. Are there any batteries that are good for this 600 amp controller? I see like 200 max continuous batteries. Are these good for 600 amp spikes? Any suggestions on which battery or how to make this works?

Thanks
Iflyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium discharge question

Just because you have a controller capable of 600 amps doesn't mean you ever get even close to that. Run the Alltrax monitor program on your laptop and see what current you are normally pulling. You can set the max current in the software. I don't ever see over 300 amps on my cart (with 500 amp capable controller and D&D motor) My cruise current at 25mph is about 75 amps. If you get a larger lithium pack - say 105AH - you should be able to pull peak burst currents of 300 amps. (check the ratings of the pack you are considering)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Just because you have a controller capable of 600 amps doesn't mean you ever get even close to that. Run the Alltrax monitor program on your laptop and see what current you are normally pulling. You can set the max current in the software. I don't ever see over 300 amps on my cart (with 500 amp capable controller and D&D motor) My cruise current at 25mph is about 75 amps. If you get a larger lithium pack - say 105AH - you should be able to pull peak burst currents of 300 amps. (check the ratings of the pack you are considering)
Thanks dude. I’ve been searching the net. These say 650 amp spikes for 10 secs. That looks like a safe bet.

https://dakotalithium.com/product/da...4-battery-set/
Old 04-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Please don’t buy 4x12v batteries, even if they state for golf cart use. You’ll be coming back here asking for help and advice when they’re not performing to spec. Search around this site for many explanations as to why.

Purchase a proper 48v battery. There are many options out there.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:14 PM   #5
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What about 3, 48’s in parallel?

https://thebigbatterystore.com/colle...-life-po4-90ah
Old 04-10-2022, 05:01 AM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Much better option. I still prefer a single bigger battery but smaller, parallel connected batteries can work well too.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #7
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have a big battery hsky 103 ah in my RXV that runs 28 mph so it draws a lot of amps and havent had any problems since i put it in a couple months ago
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:56 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm using a 48v 72AH Eco Battery with 300 amp limit running a big longstack 14 hp motor on 500 amps with limit set to manufacturers 300 suggested - no problems works great.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Get a single pack, they usually come with charger and some have built in reducer, also.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:42 PM   #10
Iflyasa
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Guys

So I got the eagle 48 v 30 amph batteries 3 of them . Lots of power! They were pre charged at 53V when I got them. I tried to charge them but the charger wouldn’t start so I assumed a full charge. So I went about 7-8 miles and all 3 died on me. Maybe they weren’t fully charged?? I put the charger on and it actually came on. Normal. But over night it only charged to 50.0 volts. My charger has a voltage setting (screw) but, I have no info on it. It says 58v output. So it should it should have charged to at least 53v, not 50. So it was 53v Pre charge, now it’s at 50V. The range should be 30+ miles easily, at 90amph. Not 7-8 miles. I’m nervous at only 50v it will die sooner then 7-8 miles. Any suggestions?? I haven’t driven it since my first full charge.

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO