lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #81
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoe View Post
How do you like the Duracell batteries? I was looking to maybe get them.
The Duracells is what all the guys at the camp ground here buy and they all like them. I have no isues at all either with them in my old cart so i imagine they are good. Plus they only cost 79.99 at Sams Club
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #82
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Ok make sure to read last post guys if haven't yet. but anyway what it comes down to is i saved enough to finally get a new Controller same one that came out of it. It seems maby a little better but still can barely climb a hill or even take off after driving for a few minutes.

Check pack right after charge was close to 45 volts right off the charge bet settles at 42 volts.

Went for a ride with a Fluke multimeter hooked to the pack started driving and had 38.5 volts when i hit a good hill it dropped to roughly 37.4 volts 1 time i did see it hit high 36 volts though. All this sound normal? When i stop it goes back to around 38.2 - 38.5 this is a 36 volt cart just a reminder.

I am heading out to try to jump the solenoid not sure if this helps or not but was told to try it.

If this can fry the new controller please tell me before i do it. i was going to just jump from big post to big post. on the solenoid.

Other thing i noticed is the cables i added for the batteries are 6 Gauge but the stock cart ones look like 8 or 10 to me they are way thinner then 6 even going to the motor etc.

All my batteries are brand new besides 1 that is roughly a year and a half if that old that my dad bought. So i didn't replace that one seeing he just bought it recently.

What are the little fuse looking things that are plugged in the harnesses ? Is that something that could cause this?

It seems like there is a huge strain on the cart and i have a feeling its going to burn the new controller up also unless they are supposed to heat up.

Totally Lost, Totally Broke now and Really need you guys to point in in the right direction to try something while i have the day off to mess with it as i really dont want to change batteries and cables again to go to work.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #83
racinjason89
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

I dont think the controller should be getting hot. All I did on my switch was take it apart, clean it and put it back together. Also, one of the toggle levers on the micro switch was a little bent, so I straightened it out. (mine has two micro switches on the f/r switch) Not sure if yours has same set up but worth a shot.
racinjason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #84
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason89 View Post
I dont think the controller should be getting hot. All I did on my switch was take it apart, clean it and put it back together. Also, one of the toggle levers on the micro switch was a little bent, so I straightened it out. (mine has two micro switches on the f/r switch) Not sure if yours has same set up but worth a shot.
Just worried as the threads on one of them are not in great shape but it is tight now. One of the threads going into the reverse switch so im petrified to remove it and mess it up as they are very expensive.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #85
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason89 View Post
can i bypass the F/R switch to see if thats the problem? I must somehow be able to
Old 08-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #86
racinjason89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
can i bypass the F/R switch to see if thats the problem? I must somehow be able to
I better leave that one to the experts, but I would imagine you could.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #87
mybadomen
Getting Wild

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO I FIXED IT!!!!!

I have no idea what it is but there is a Pink wire by itself that plugs in and whatever that is was the problem the whole time. So now i have 2 controllers that are both good. And omg the cart fly's compared to my EZ - GO . Thanks guys so much for the help and please dont tell me this single pink wire is the one for the reverse buzzer because i read that could be the problem in this forum along time ago ,but i just couldnt find it.

no more listening to me whine guys :) Thank you guys for giving me the knowledge i have now of carts.

I really hope this helps someone that went through what i went through.

MybadOmen
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #88
racinjason89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO I FIXED IT!!!!!

I have no idea what it is but there is a Pink wire by itself that plugs in and whatever that is was the problem the whole time. So now i have 2 controllers that are both good. And omg the cart fly's compared to my EZ - GO . Thanks guys so much for the help and please dont tell me this single pink wire is the one for the reverse buzzer because i read that could be the problem in this forum along time ago ,but i just couldnt find it.

no more listening to me whine guys :) Thank you guys for giving me the knowledge i have now of carts.

I really hope this helps someone that went through what i went through.

MybadOmen
Glad it's fixed.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #89
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Now that its fixed 100% does anyone have any idea what that pink wire is for? its right next to the F/R switch . I think it might actually goto the controller? But not positive as its late at night and im inside.

I would love to know what it is and why it was causing what it was?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #90
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Now that its fixed 100% does anyone have any idea what that pink wire is for? its right next to the F/R switch . I think it might actually goto the controller? But not positive as its late at night and im inside.

I would love to know what it is and why it was causing what it was?
Good deal. I know it can frustrating. I just went through it trying to decide motor or controller but finally figured out how to by pass the controller. I just looked at the G19 wiring diagram and I hate to tell you but the pink wire is the buzzer. lol

As for the EZ-GO. There is a speed chip that is just a jumper setting for speed. I have mine in freedom mode and it runs about 22MPH with 22 inch tires. Here is a link. Scroll the bottom.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha