lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery type/required cranking amps? txt 800

Yours is an 88.

That's the only year that used a slightly larger BV-24 carburetor instead of the BV-18.

It's worth another 2 HP. The BV-18 replacement goes for $20 on E-bay with free delivery. I have not priced the BV-24, but it should be close.

I'm confident that you will be able to clean yours, and get it working. Just make sure that you unscrew every brass jet, and clean them good. I believe there are three. Under the float valve, in the bowl retainer nut, and the long tube up the center.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #12
ezgogreen
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! Anything to be Cautious of?
I will give it a try tomorrow.
ezgogreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:55 AM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The nut that holds the bowl on is cross drilled to allow fuel in, and then has a brass orifice screwed in the center of it.

My brother thought his was leaking at the bowl because the nut wasn't tight enough. He caved in the bottom of the bowl thinking it would help. All he did was block off the cross drilled holes so gas couldn't get out of the bowl. It started coming out the vent hole, and wouldn't run. Don't do that.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #14
ezgogreen
Not Yet Wild

This morning i pulled the carburetor, wow really tough to get at the right side nut. But managed to pull. There was a lot of oxidation and some sludge at the bottom of the bowl. Removed the 3 jets, cleaned up everything and put back together. I ended up hanging a can with an oil/gas mix to help get fuel to the carb using gravity to assist She finally started, I was able to drive it down the block several times. Fun since it was my first time on a golf cart. Those carts are odd... I am not use to a gas engine starting and shutting down like that. I let it set for a while even after cooling down it starts up, choke has to be set at half but it starts and good. I not sure where I got three wheels from it definitely has 4. Uncle is very happy, they plan on using it to push a golfball machine to retrieve golfballs.

Thanks for the reply... Heck I may keep an eye open for a cart for myself now ;)
Old 06-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #15
ezgogreen
Not Yet Wild

I guess I have another question... Is the oiler necessary if you do an oil gas mix? does it do anything other than do the mixing for ya?

He also asked me if I would look over the brakes before they use it. Seems to stop fine and the parking brake is functioning. ill pop off the wheels next week. Heading away for weekend.

Thanks again,

-Ed
Old 06-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #16
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The oiler is known to fail. Get rid of it.

Plug the banjo hole in the intake with a 6mm screw.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:26 PM   #17
ezgogreen
Not Yet Wild

will dump it...

thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO