lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
goat124
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89 3pg. Cuts off when running for a while

the cart runs great for a few miles and does great till I'm thinking the muffler gets hot and it chokes the motor out. I have checked fire fuel and all that and it's all there. I pored my drink on the muffler and it took off and ran for a few blocks and the same thing so I did it agian it ran and shut off a few more blocks. I unbolted the muffler from the header pipe and it ran great on the way home. but I did notice after it got hot right before it cut off it had a run on condition with no throttle control sometimes but it was all most a 100 degrees out when this happens. the spark plug is the right color and everything not too ritch not to lean. correct heat range on it also. I did clean the muffler out by fire a few months ago but I don't see how it could be clogged up. any one have any ideas to fix the problem or have ran across this before?
goat124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
duwem
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 3pg. Cuts off when running for a while

Fuel may be getting hot and vaporlocking. Check to see that lines aren't routed near the muffler. Also wouldn't hurt to Change the fuel filter.
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
goat124
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 3pg. Cuts off when running for a while

no I have put the fuel lines in a heat shield to take care of that .. I have all so gutted the muffler and found the problem in it and got all the brick like packing out of it. now I think I'm having a fire issue but can't find the omm specs or the specs for the voltage output on the coil to find out how much it needs .
goat124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO