lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
ds52182
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 tomberlin emerge will not move

08 tomberlin will not move. I have everything else working lights, fan, meter. batteries are brand new and charged. Replaced hall effect, have good reading from the pedal assembly, E Brake and batteries. Had a hall effect with a circuit board took that out and replaced it with a hall effect with no board. swapped the red and blue wires, ran great for about a day.
ds52182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
RFH II
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: 2008 tomberlin emerge will not move

I had the same issue with my 2010 and the Golf Cart Guy found the problem. There is a cable coming out of the wire harness above the charger that will not let the vehicle move while being charged. Disconnected and connected to the positive terminal and now it runs.
RFH II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

What few Tomberlins we have had come in to repair we have seen have always had both the hall effect (like a TXT ITS but with three wires vs two) and the electric motor had eaten the brushes or burned up. We replaced brushes in the last one but it grenade shortly after so we just replace the motor completely from now on. I think the motor is not strong enough to pull the weight at the speed they try to go (25 mph)

If the car powers on and you get the speedo and backup beeper in reverse, and solenoid clicks, it's not the charger interlock.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
What few Tomberlins we have had come in to repair we have seen have always had both the hall effect (like a TXT ITS but with three wires vs two) and the electric motor had eaten the brushes or burned up. We replaced brushes in the last one but it grenade shortly after so we just replace the motor completely from now on. I think the motor is not strong enough to pull the weight at the speed they try to go (25 mph)

If the car powers on and you get the speedo and backup beeper in reverse, and solenoid clicks, it's not the charger interlock.
The motors are a weak link. The armature comes apart. Have them redone and they are bullet proof. Not sure what one your putting in, I hope not a D&D
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The one we are working on now has a D&D on it and sadly our motor rebuilder won't touch it with a 40 ft pole. we do not have the original advanced to send them.

It was a typical scam. customer thought a $200 LSV was a great deal, ended up having a bad motor, throttle sensor, fried voltage reducer, bad brake system, busted up body, and batteries from 2009 with the cases all busted.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin