lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
derfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 G16e Alltrax install help

Hey Guys,

I just recently purchased a 1998 Yamaha G16e golf cart. The cart was in bad shape and I decided to redo the cart. I purchased a new Alltrax controller, a 400a solenoid, 2 g wires and a new F&R switch.

I've gutted all of the old parts and have all the main lines, the solenoid and alltrax mounted and ran the wires as directed on the Alltrax wiring diagram. My only problem is the 7 small wires that were coming out of the old stock controller.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this conversion and could tell me which wires go to what terminals on the new Alltrax. Their instructions are very limited and very confusing and i would prefer to ask for help before frying my new setup.

Thanks, Fred
derfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
derfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 G16e Alltrax install help

Here's a picture of the wires

alltrax1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Before

cart (1).jpg

After

cart2.jpg
Old 09-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 36v Yamaha is one of the more involved conversions. The best way to do it is to just follow the diagram closely. Which color wires specifically do you have questions about?

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
derfcart
Not Yet Wild

Well...its really all of the control wires. The instructions on the Alltrax diagram states to relocate a few of the wires to different terminals but then if you look at the picture of the wiring schematic it shows those color wires going some where else.

For example:

The instructions on the top say to cut the green wire and attach it to B-; but the diagram shows the green wire from the throttle going to J4 on the controller.....not B- and it has the blue wire going to B- instead......

Additional, it says to cut the black wire going to the solenoid and relocate as shown. but in the diagram it appears the black wire is still attached to the solenoid but is now going to J1.

Also, it states reconnect pink wire but it doesn't tell you were it should be connected to?

Sorry for of the questions but their instructions are very limited at best and they didn't answer their phone when i called them....lol
Old 09-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

the diagram does show the green wire to controller B-
J4 is blue
J5 is white

The Run Tow switch yellow to J1 red
Solenoid black (-) going to J1 blk
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #6
derfcart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scott, i got it working!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear that
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha