lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Default Thinking about getting a GAS DS???

I got my 03 CC sparkie about 2 months ago. And what can I say but "Is there some sort of 12 step program?"

We use it for around the house and going camping. I have done some mild off roading with it and was surprised at what it could do. I have a 6" lift and 22" tires and went through water up to the floor.

Well the wife also likes the cart (after 2 years of asking for one) and said I can build a second one for me and she will take the one we have now. Made it sound like I was twisting her arm.

OK here is where my Gas questions start.

What should I look for/at when looking at used gas club cars?

Speed - I know I will want to put a big block in but what sorta speed am I looking at with the stock motor?

Lift - I am looking at getting the all sports Ultra 10" lift and putting on 28x10x12 tire on the front and 28x12x12 on the rear. Is it ok on a cart to use the thinner tire on the front, or should I just use 28x12x12 all around? Has anyone use this lift and tire size on a club car?

Rims - What size rims should I use for 28x10x12 mudders? and can I use the same size for the 28x12x12?

Sorry for all the question (I did read a bunch of posts but didn't really find the specific answers that I was looking for)and thanks for all the help.
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thinking about getting a GAS DS???

28 inch tires are way to big for a GC imho. 25 maybe and then you will need a big block to roll them..... Research, research

P.S.
Running an electric GC in water up to the floor is just flirting with disaster. Some electrical connections are below floor level ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
28 inch tires are way to big for a GC imho. 25 maybe and then you will need a big block to roll them..... Research, research

P.S.
Running an electric GC in water up to the floor is just flirting with disaster. Some electrical connections are below floor level ......
True that!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Quote:

P.S.
The water wasn't that deep when I first started. And that is the reason that I want to go big!!!

I have also posted a ??? about getting a big block over in the big block forum.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm jus sayin the first thing you will find in modifying a golf cart is that the manufacture invested alot of research into getting just the right power to wokload formula. Wen you start increasing the work load ( larger tires or off roading) you will need to adjust the the power accordingly......do lots of research before you buy!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

There is a lot of things to consider with LARGE tires. Not only engine HP, but steering, front end, and most importantly BRAKES. There's plenty of members here with extra large tires on their carts. Check how they are setup.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Quote:
I'm jus sayin the first thing you will find in modifying a golf cart is that the manufacture invested alot of research into getting just the right power to wokload formula. Wen you start increasing the work load ( larger tires or off roading) you will need to adjust the the power accordingly......do lots of research before you buy!
I agree with you. I would really like to get a upgrade it to a big block too. I want something that will be able to go on ATV trails when I am done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car