lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
ScottHeath
Not Yet Wild

Default wont shut off

Ive got a Carryall Turf 2 1998. They guy that I bought it from made all sorts of "improvements" that I am working my way through undoing. Starts up by pressing the gas pedal and is supposed to shut off when you take your foot off the gas. Mine just keeps running. I have to choke the air intake to kill it. I just want to return it to stock. He said it was the way he wired it on the back of the Forward reverse switch. Said he switched the wires around. I forget what he said he was trying to accomplish. Anyone have a diagram of how those wires are supposed to be. Or other suggestions on how to make it work. Thanks guys
ScottHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: wont shut off

I'd start by tracing everything down and make sure everything is wired like it should be from the factory.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ml#post1660578

Pay particular attention to the key switch and the limit switches inside the black box next to the airbox.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
squirt199
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: wont shut off

Mine did that. It was a bad ground. Mine stopped when lever was moved to N or key was turned off. I can't remember. My bad ground was the ignitor. Yours could be anywhere..

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
squirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car