lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2022, 11:34 AM   #1
cashmj
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Code 1,3 showing on controller

Good day ALL, need some assistance. I have a 2010 Tomberlin E-Merge 500. I have read several threads here on the 1,3 code for speed sensor fault. We have not used the cart for several months and it has stayed plugged in on the charger. I did notice charger was not charging one day after a power surge in the house and looks like it took out my charger. Batteries did drop to 38 volts, got new charger and batteries are back up and pack is at 50.8 volts and holding and each battery is holding at 8.4 volts also checked each cell with hydrometer and all test good, so batteries are good. I took it out and went to accelerate and took off but quickly dropped to 2 mph. That is when I checked controller and saw the 1,3 blinks. Had new motor installed 2 years ago, I checked the speed controller, unplugged it and connector looked fine plugged it back in and heard a clicking noise once plugged back in. Code went away until I went and drove it. Not sure if I am over thinking this and should just replace speed sensor and go from there. I do not have a Tomberlin dealer any where near me so can't have it scanned. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
cashmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Code 1,3 showing on controller

Flashing Code 1,3 points to the speedsensor. Maybe bad contact? Easy test, if the speedsensor is working, push the cart forth and back by hand and you should hear a click and feel resistance from the motorbrake. If so, speedsensor is working. To replace the sensor, a Clubcar DS sensor works fine and is much cheaper than the Tomberlin part.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
cashmj
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Thank you very much for responding! I will give that a try and see what happens
Old 03-10-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
cashmj
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I did the back and forth movement and did not hear any clicks and there was no resistance at all. I ordered the new speed sensor and will hope that is it. Thank you again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin