lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2022, 12:27 PM   #11
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 Drive 2 - ongoing issue/need help

I didn't have any issues with my controller. I had it tested because I was working through everything to try and identify my issue, but the controller was proven to be working correctly.

I will also say that the controller, and the ability to record data, ultimately helped me to identify the issue and prove my warranty case since the data showed the exact moment that the motor dropped voltage, showing a failure. I was fortunate that I was recording data at the time but I definitely feel the benefits of an aftermarket controller far outweigh any potential issues. Personally, I'll never have a golf cart without an Alltrax controller.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2024, 04:18 PM   #12
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 Drive 2 - ongoing issue/need help

Well, I can't believe it, but another Admiral D2 motor is on it's last leg. Started making a faint clicking noise last week and now it had a burnt smell and power loss over the weekend. So I assume it's cooked but I haven't had time to pull it yet. I hope to yank this dead motor and swap in a replacement this week, but I'm traveling a few days this week so it might not happen until this weekend. I'll post some pics once I get things pulled apart.

That is 4 Admiral motors that have died on me in less than 3 years. Nothing has changed with the cart since November of 2022 and here we are not much past a year and same situation. Literally everyone has reviewed data (original supplier, Alltrax directly, Admiral directly, Etc) for this cart and confirmed that poorly manufactured motors had slipped through the QC process. I have been running a field map that was provided by Alltrax and approved by Admiral, both directly.

I am not wasting my time to try and sort out the cause this time around. I purchased a spare motor from another source back in Nov of 2022 in case Admiral sent me another dud as a warranty replacement. So I already have a motor on hand to swap out. Just wanted to share my experience with Admiral motors. They were very nice to deal with but it ended up being a huge waste of my time because I'm right back in the same boat about a year later.

I'm sure others have had great experiences with an Admiral D2. Based on 4 examples, and expert manufacturer technical reviews of my setup from both Alltrax and Admiral (and others), my experience has been less than stellar with Admiral performance.

Edit because I figured out this was actually my 4th Admiral motor since one of the replacements was dead out of the box.

Last edited by jayhrc51; 03-11-2024 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Had to change number of motors
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha