lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Reb2973
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need some advice with lift kits

Hello,

Im new to this forum and about to buy my first golf cart. I checked the local dealers around here and Im going with a 2006 ez go gas cart (think he said its a txt?)they have for 2500.00. The guy said he would have it lifted 6" and put on chrome wheels and tires for 1200.00 more. My questions is, is this worth the extra cash, or would it be way cheaper to do myself? I beleive he said it would be a jakes spindel lift. I see these online for around $300 I think but not sure if thats just for the front. I have no Idea how much wheels and tires run.

I dont mind doing the work myself if it saves me alot of cash. but really have no idea what I need for a lift, and size wheels and tires to get. Just want that nice lifted look without having to big of tires to ruin it. Any advice would be great. Thanks for looking.
Reb2973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Need some advice with lift kits

Howdy Reb... !200 for a lift and tires is a bit pricey. Check with the site sponsors.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need some advice with lift kits

welcome Reb, that sounds like a good price for the cart! in the end i think you will be happier doing the lift and tire/wheels yourself. you will get to feel the pride of doing it, plus you will be able to decide the style and not the dealer.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

there are quite a few tire & wheel combos out there and i would take a hard look at the allsports lifts. they are well engineered and backed with full factory support!

just my two cents
Old 07-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
pbillyi69
shut up & hang on

Club Car

welcome to the forum.. i just did a lift on my club car.. i got an ALLSPORTS 6" super sport lift from a site sponsor for 329. i also got 12" wheels with 23" tires for 600 im totally pleased with it and how it looks. check it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1514.jpg (89.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1515.jpg (92.7 KB, 23 views)
pbillyi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbillyi69 View Post
welcome to the forum.. i just did a lift on my club car.. i got an ALLSPORTS 6" super sport lift from a site sponsor for 329. i also got 12" wheels with 23" tires for 600 im totally pleased with it and how it looks. check it out.
your machine turned out very well
Old 07-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
Pullit
Gone Wild

I am doing the work myself on my electric EZGO and tires/wheels and lift are about $700.
I got my stuff from one of the site sponsors, Wicked Carts.
Here is a link to my cart post, it shows the wheels and tires I got. I don't have a picture of my lift. I am getting the second wheel not the first one.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...w-project.html
Pullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
pbillyi69
shut up & hang on

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
your machine turned out very well
thanks pm still have some tweekin to do but i think there will always be tweekin to do
pbillyi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
bookum1@yahoo.com
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I was faced with the same question. Buy one or build one. I wound up buying a used 00 ezgo all stock. (sponsor plug) called Scott at Radical Carts and got everything in one call. D&D 502:1 Motor, Alltrex 500amp programable Controller, solenoid, 4 guage welding wires, 5" lift, Sahara Tires 22", rims, and some headlights. Alltogether just over $1700.00. I am doing all the work myself. The shops around here sell lifted stock motor ezgo's for about $3,600 with upgraded motor and controller it's about $5,400. I am saving a ton and will be proud to say I did all the work. My project is similar to what you are wanting to do...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...o-project.html
bookum1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
Reb2973
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the replies. I started to look at the allsports lifts but a little confused on which one to get. Here is a pic of someones cart I found that has the lift and size tires I would like. Could someone kinda ballpark what kind of lift that is for me? Kinda looks like the front has a wider stance to it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flame3.jpg (47.9 KB, 45 views)
Reb2973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts