lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default unitized transaxle help!!!!!!!!!

help please....i have a 97 cc carryall... it pops wont go into reverse,,, ive tryed all the adjustsments on the shift cable, ive taken the cable off and tried to put it in reverse,, it wont go,,,,, i tore it apart tonight and took the input shaft out with the syncro on it,, the gears look a bit worn but it looks like to me that the fork has the most wear on it where it slides the hub back and forth..... has anyone had the fork worn out??? if anyone could post some pics of a new fork or a fork in good condition so i can kinda compare..

if the fork isnt my problem any one have any suggestions...

ill try and post pics of my fork and sync assy in a little while.....i just wanted to get this post rolling....
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: unitized transaxle help!!!!!!!!!

if you have it apart, and it apears to be worn, go ahead and replace it. synchros dont like slooy parts anyways. so for my 2 cents youa re already there, get the parts in question, put her back tochether and fill her up with syn fluid! 80-90 for gas and 30 for electric. if you have gas and find the 85-140 it will be fine too!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: unitized transaxle help!!!!!!!!!

Never seen the shift fork worn out........ It's usually the inner bearing and at least one of the thrust washers. The bearing wears out and the shaft actually moves in and out as you drive, which chews up the thrust washers. They're cheap and easy to replace. Take a good look at the brass synchro rings when you've got it apart to make sure they're not broken. They tend to get hairline cracks in them and they're hard to see. You may have to try pulling on them to see if they break apart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car