lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Fe290

what adjustments are there to the carb on my 1997 cart with the FE290 motor? it doesn't seem to go into high speed and does a bit of surging. I have already changed out the fuel pump, both fuel filters, air filter and spark plug. I have looked as best I can at the carb but see no adjustment screws any where or are they just hidden? I have now put it away for the winter months here in NH as I don't want to put snow tires or chains on it but would like to have it already to go in the spring.
I changed the oil before putting it away and I was wondering if it would have hurt it if I had put the 1.6 quarts of 10w-40 synthetic oil I had left over from the oil change I did to my diesel 2005 Duramax. I know if I needed oil for my air cooled Harley it says to use oil for a diesel but not automobile oil so I did put in regular 10w-30.
thanks
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fe290

You probably just have some junk in the carb.Dont forget to put some fuel stabilizer in the gas and run it before storage.I dont see why you cant use synthetic oil in your gas car.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fe290

well the synthetic oil is for a diesel so I was worried that it wasn't for the FE 290 engine which they say use 10w-30. I have put fuel stabilizer in the tank and ran it a bit.
thanks
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car