lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default power spring

howdy again,

project club car has come a long way in the first month, got most all the kinks out of it, starts right up, and runs smooth, the darn thing only goes 14mph, i live in a neighbor hood full of carts, and am getting passed all the
**&*&# time, ( looks down at the ground hanging head in shame)

i live on a beach in texas, no hills just flat ground, and lots of sand,
after reading to page 53 in bgw forum, i think i would like to replace the springs in both clutchs, and add the 8:1 axle

what can i exspect by doing this, and will the stock motor be able to push it down the road 04 gasser

so far all the things i have repaired or replace, all of the info came from this forum!!!!!!!!

thanks
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: power spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
howdy again,

project club car has come a long way in the first month, got most all the kinks out of it, starts right up, and runs smooth, the darn thing only goes 14mph, i live in a neighbor hood full of carts, and am getting passed all the
**&*&# time, ( looks down at the ground hanging head in shame)

i live on a beach in texas, no hills just flat ground, and lots of sand,
after reading to page 53 in bgw forum, i think i would like to replace the springs in both clutchs, and add the 8:1 axle

what can i exspect by doing this, and will the stock motor be able to push it down the road 04 gasser

so far all the things i have repaired or replace, all of the info came from this forum!!!!!!!!

thanks
How fast do you need to go ? What size tires are you running etc. Soft sand or wet ? I can cure your shame re top speed if you promise to behave yourself and install a tachometer and actually keep an eye on it. $45 and problem solved. Run with the big boys easily.
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Angry Re: power spring

i am going to order a tach today, a neighbor gave me a sweet set of sunpro gauges, but they are mechanical not electric, was womdering if i could use those as well? i want to use the water temp gauge, for an oil temp gauge like my harley.

as far as the cart goes, 04 ds gasser no lift, stock turf tires, if the cart see's any sand it will be hard packed.

as far as speed goes, i want to go as fast as the little stock motor will allow.
i plan on using 4000 rpms as my redline.

NO MORE TAIL BETWEEN THE LEGS!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
stinger5
Gone Wild

Quote:
i am going to order a tach today, a neighbor gave me a sweet set of sunpro gauges, but they are mechanical not electric, was womdering if i could use those as well? i want to use the water temp gauge, for an oil temp gauge like my harley.

as far as the cart goes, 04 ds gasser no lift, stock turf tires, if the cart see's any sand it will be hard packed.

as far as speed goes, i want to go as fast as the little stock motor will allow.
i plan on using 4000 rpms as my redline.

NO MORE TAIL BETWEEN THE LEGS!!!!

Check your message inbox
Old 10-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

thanks stinger5

PCC, now goes a whopping 20mph.........wich is mo better.... actually put a smile on my face, till that gray haired old B!#$H passed me (looked like a new ez go on steroids) and when i got to mailbox, that same gray haired old B%$#H had this smug smirk on her face. beat by a freaking granma, i am talking about hunched over the steering wheel type granma (no offence)

gonna give this 20 mph only a break, and see how it does over the weekend, at this point the 8:1 gears are starting to appeal to me, and if the clutch work doesn't do the trick...........will sneak a wedge in between grandmas gas pedal see if that slows her down!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
stinger5
Gone Wild

Quote:
thanks stinger5

PCC, now goes a whopping 20mph.........wich is mo better.... actually put a smile on my face, till that gray haired old B!#$H passed me (looked like a new ez go on steroids) and when i got to mailbox, that same gray haired old B%$#H had this smug smirk on her face. beat by a freaking granma, i am talking about hunched over the steering wheel type granma (no offence)

gonna give this 20 mph only a break, and see how it does over the weekend, at this point the 8:1 gears are starting to appeal to me, and if the clutch work doesn't do the trick...........will sneak a wedge in between grandmas gas pedal see if that slows her down!!!!!!
20 mph ? Something is not right. You should easily get past that speed with the modifications I sent you. 20 mph is laughable. Let's sort it out !!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
lakeman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Stinger, could you send me that message on speeding club car up? Thanks.
lakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ill take an email to.
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
lakeman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

bump
lakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'll take an email too... I'd love to hear these ideas. Why not just post them here?
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car