lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 winter project need help

I have a Yamaha G9 that I have had for about 8 years now and it's in need of alot of TLC, it's been rode hard and put away wet. Primarily used on an acreage by those who don't have an ATV or motorcycle to ride, so basically alot of people with no respect for something thats not theirs! This thing has outlasted MANY peoples quads and bikes with VERY little maintenence and I can still hop on it and go! Tough little SOB. I've decided to go through it and hopefully get another 8 years out of it. The reason I am needing to do some work on it is it doesn't have no where near the power it used too, it used to chug right along up the driveway and now it just creeps up it. I've got it to my shop and the first thing I did was check compression ( no smoke ) and it's at 150psi, from what I've read it should be 135-175, is that correct? If so it shouldn't be low enough to cause these problems? Checked valves, exhaust was alittle loose, intake alittle tight but nothing that would cause any concern.Belt seems losse but I am unsure how to check or measure that?? Also it seems like maybe the brakes might be sticking just alittle, has anyone else experienced this?? I thank any and everyone in advanced because without you I know I will never get this thing fixed!
SlurpJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 winter project need help

1 3/16 X 39 is what your belt should measure. measure outside of belt with
a seamstress tape.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Well I got the belt off and measured it, came out to about 40 1/4" so it's time for a new one. You could see where it had rubbed some paint off the frame. I think I need the torque limiting strap, it's never had it as long as I've owned it but when running it in the garage you could clearly see the engine move probably 1/2" or so. Where is a good place to order one, I didn't see any on the links I looked at. Since it never had one how does it go on? Since I already have the belt off how much of a difference does the aftermarket clutch spring really help? Does it effect top speed? Where is the cheapest place to order one?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Don't order the cheapest clutch spring, make sure and get one from a site sponsor. I'm only saying that because you don't want a crappy torque spring in there, think I got mine from plowmans or everythingcarts, I forget. But that upgrade is definitely worth every penny, you can climb anything with that.

As far as the tensioner that will for sure cause you to lose torque. Not sure where to get replacement parts for that.

Good luck!
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Can I get the new belt on W/O taking anything off? Can I just slip it over the secondary clutch?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpJ View Post
Can I get the new belt on W/O taking anything off? Can I just slip it over the secondary clutch?
Yes, you should be able to "roll" it on.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha