lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Beisertdrywall50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clutches

Just replaced my drive clutch got the motor put back in and everything together.But when I push on the gas everything spins great but I noticed my new drive clutch does not close.therefore it does not grab the belt to turn my driven clutch.Any ideas? Its a 01 club car XRT carryall turf2 thanks.
Beisertdrywall50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clutches

FIRST did you clean and lube the clutch while you had it off due to the tight tolerances if they dont get used the dirt can set them up also you need to check that the weights are free and slides are clear most times its just a matter of dirt or lack of lubrication (in the right places) that would cause this. take it off and clean it and check everything is able to move freely and then lube it a, maybe someone else on here can suggest what to lube it with i know that i use dry grapite lube on some cluthes and grease on others and both on some , they way you need to think about lube is that grease holds dirt and graphite does not
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Beisertdrywall50
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No I did not lube it and didn't clean it I figured it didn't need it since I just picked it up from the store...... And it was brand new.
Beisertdrywall50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

One should not lube ANY part of a Club Car drive clutch! They're designed to run dry!

A couple of other things...

Double check to make sure your new clutch is for a 97+ (clockwise rotation)
and...
The clutch won't engage if the engine is not running at a suitable rpm, and according to this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-problems.html

It sounds like your engine is just "turning over" with the starter, and not actually running on it's own!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

me 100% wrong on this one club car special
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive clutch, driven clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car