lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #71
racinjason89
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Wouldn't hurt to take the f/r switch apart and clean it. Doesn't cost any $$$ either.
racinjason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #72
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
I assume you have a Sepex motor? Has a little pig tail hanging off it? If so, jumper A1 to F1, A2 to F2, your jumper cables will go across these. Connect one side of the jumper cable positive to the A1 set and ground of your jumper cable to the A2 side.

My problem was the motor. All the shuddering was the motor.
No that's not my motor mine has A,s & S's and no pig tail o posted photos of my motor
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #73
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
No that's not my motor mine has A,s & S's and no pig tail o posted photos of my motor
Ok, here is a link to how to test a Series Wound motor.

http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p...troller_series
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #74
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Wow now that sounds promising . so if my motor don't turn with 3 batteries its junk? If it does turn its the controller?

Even better news i may have found a controller for 100 bucks in my area if its any good.

Waiting to hear back from the guy to go take a look,Maby he has the Motor for 100 also :)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #75
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
Wow now that sounds promising . so if my motor don't turn with 3 batteries its junk? If it does turn its the controller?

Even better news i may have found a controller for 100 bucks in my area if its any good.

Waiting to hear back from the guy to go take a look,Maby he has the Motor for 100 also :)
My motor turned with two batteries, three, and all six. What I was suggesting for you since your cart wants to run slow was, to get a nice open area where you could jump the whole pack across the motor and let it rip and see if it slows down like when you use the controller. Do not put the full pack on it with no load. Leave the motor in the cart and jack up the back or run down the road.

For $100, if it is good, might be a handy spare to have.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #76
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

How do you like the Duracell batteries? I was looking to maybe get them.
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #77
mybadomen
Getting Wild

well out another $360.00 on a Controller and doing the same thing. Now Broke 2 good controllers and a cart that barely moves. This is ridiculous really.So bummed because i could have bought a really nice cart the cash i have invested in a cart that still wont go.And the summer is almost over.Nor me or my kids got to enjoy it.

I will tell whats going on again to see if it helps and maby someone ran into this before. I bought the Yamaha Cart 1998 C16E 36 volt . The guys told me right away the batteries were junk but it went slow even before that happened. I bought all new batteries and cables for an old cart i had an EZ-GO 1985 Marathon resistor cart. The guys did say he replaces the thing in the pedal . the potentiometer but it didnt help. so that was brand new.I Put the perfect working batteries and the cables from the EZ-GO into the Yamaha and pulled out of the yard and was barely moving. came back talked to you guys cleaned every single connection on the cart including pulling the motor and checking the brushes. Still same thing.

Finally i took it for a ride with no seat on it and noticed with the pedal to the floor i got 38.5 volts everywhere besides one spot and thats coming out of the controller to the motor. I only got 24 volts there i had this gut feeling it wasn't a controller but i finally saved enough to buy one to only find out i was right. I just threw $350.00 out the window and now have 2 good controllers.

Please someone help me with this! It has mentally and financially killed my family and out summer as every dime we have has been put into getting this to go for months no and the same thing.

Thanks guys would be so in debt if someone could figure this out. My dad has the same cart with old batteries and they go very well.Which is the reason i bought it in the first place.

Take care and will keep checking back
Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #78
racinjason89
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever try taking the f/r switch out and cleaning everything like I did? I'm by no means an expert, but it fixed mine and wouldn't hurt to do it. Besides, it's free!
racinjason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #79
mybadomen
Getting Wild

working on that right now as we speak the F/R switch but i had a question should the controller be getting extremely hot? Me and my wife took a little ride around the park hoping it would kick in and go but it wouldnt. but we went up a hill and almost didnt make it. so i lifted the hatch and felt the controller was very very hot and felt a tiny bit of heat from the f/r switch. but for the controller to be that hot its either got to be a normal thing or problem after the controller right? I am not sure i only know basic electronics so its more of a question.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #80
mybadomen
Getting Wild

racinjason89 did you mean clean the connections on the F/R or does it come apart. It looks like its a sealed unit to me but that's with it in the cart still
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha