lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
turbojosh40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default turbocharged ds 290

hello im new here and i decided to do a post about my little build. i worked as a golf cart mechanic for about 6 years. the shop got a little boring doing the same stuff over again, paint job,simple lift, fancy wheels, and light kits. i wanted to do something different so right before i left the shop for good i bought another plain jane golf cart off them to monkey around with at home.

2003 club car ds gas for 800 bucks

the current mod list is:

8 inch lift
2011 carryall extended rear shackles
2006 rear txt ezgo shocks
FE350 club car carb, drilled out a little bit on the main jet
FE350 key start switch with wiring harness
FE350 driven and drive clutch
custom turbo header
high speed gears with rebuilt tranny
3 inch jake's wheel spacers
22 inch all terrain tires (temp)
key pad lock switch
blacked out headlight,tailight,brake turn signal kit with purple HID's
black roof
rear black flip seat
FE350 heavy duty brush guard
winch
t3 turbo from my old car

with the turbo disconnected this thing still moves pretty **** good. made my eyes water, really surprised. couple more little things i have to do till i can start putting the body back on. it will be a black and purple scheme with purple stars on the black portions on the body and cowl. i still need to finish the exhaust, hook up the oil feed line and return, i want to get rid the big *** 7 gallon gas tank and put one on from a lawn mower around like a 4 gallon tank. here are some pics of what i got done so far

stock photo the day i bought it

key pad lock switch

FE350 wires

t3 turbo

blacked out lights

8 inch lift

before and after pics of the frame with a acid wash

painted frame, lift on, rear shocks. welded another plate on the back so the exhaust will hang out a little bit with the rear seat kit

before and after picture of the motor

tranny rebuild and high speed gears

had fun with this mess

turbo mounted

well thats what i have done so far it's been a year since i have done anything with it. she fires right up idles like it's cammed to hell. turbo spools up pretty good more than i thought it would. i am just doing this to be different not to make this thing crazy fast.
turbojosh40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: turbocharged ds 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojosh40 View Post
hello im new here and i decided to do a post about my little build. i worked as a golf cart mechanic for about 6 years. the shop got a little boring doing the same stuff over again, paint job,simple lift, fancy wheels, and light kits. i wanted to do something different so right before i left the shop for good i bought another plain jane golf cart off them to monkey around with at home.

2003 club car ds gas for 800 bucks

the current mod list is:

8 inch lift
2011 carryall extended rear shackles
2006 rear txt ezgo shocks
FE350 club car carb, drilled out a little bit on the main jet
FE350 key start switch with wiring harness
FE350 driven and drive clutch
custom turbo header
high speed gears with rebuilt tranny
3 inch jake's wheel spacers
22 inch all terrain tires (temp)
key pad lock switch
blacked out headlight,tailight,brake turn signal kit with purple HID's
black roof
rear black flip seat
FE350 heavy duty brush guard
winch
t3 turbo from my old car

with the turbo disconnected this thing still moves pretty **** good. made my eyes water, really surprised. couple more little things i have to do till i can start putting the body back on. it will be a black and purple scheme with purple stars on the black portions on the body and cowl. i still need to finish the exhaust, hook up the oil feed line and return, i want to get rid the big *** 7 gallon gas tank and put one on from a lawn mower around like a 4 gallon tank. here are some pics of what i got done so far

stock photo the day i bought it

key pad lock switch

FE350 wires

t3 turbo

blacked out lights

8 inch lift

before and after pics of the frame with a acid wash

painted frame, lift on, rear shocks. welded another plate on the back so the exhaust will hang out a little bit with the rear seat kit

before and after picture of the motor

tranny rebuild and high speed gears

had fun with this mess

turbo mounted

well thats what i have done so far it's been a year since i have done anything with it. she fires right up idles like it's cammed to hell. turbo spools up pretty good more than i thought it would. i am just doing this to be different not to make this thing crazy fast.
I cant wait to see the finished cart.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Interesting. A turbo would be a good option for a power adder for these if it were tuned right. How do you plan on keeping the turbo lubricated?
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
turbojosh40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

on a club car enginge there are two galley plugs where the oil filter is for oil pressure just what you would hook up to a car. now the oil return is a little different i had to weld a bung into the oil dipstick you can kinda see it in the one picture.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
lmswest
Gone Wild

I hope your going to weld in some kind of support for the weight of the turbo? That pipe will crack quite quickly if not.. And have you done any math on your turbo size in relation to exhaust gas?? looks a little big but Im very interested in your progress so please keep the pics coming..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
bigkid
Getting Wild

Club Car

thats the size turbo that came stock on my buick grand national. this reminds when i installed an automotive style A.I.R. pump on a 5 hp briggs. it detonated so bad it melted a hole in the top of the piston. jet rich....
bigkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
turbojosh40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

a smaller turbo makes good torque down low, but chokes the engine up high. Conversely, a big turbo doesn't generate much torque down low, but really opens up in the higher rpms. so if i was to purchase a gt15 turbo which is the size of a can of sprite, what do you think would happen? that thing would spool up so fast cause it would be able to produce more psi at a lower rpm. when the golf cart is at idle the turbo is barely spinning, its not producing as much air into the motor. plus i have it setup as a stage 1 kit style for a car. stage 1 kit is typically under 5 psi, no intercooler, no bov, and a nipple off the charge pipe for a breather filter like what you would put onto a valve cover. that is what i did also so it's not getting the full force of air coming off the turbo. it's been running like this for a year and i havent had a problem with it yet.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
turbojosh40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
turbojosh40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the turbo really isnt that big. there is a huge difference between a t3 42AR and a t3 50AR. the 42 is whats on the golf cart

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts