lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Dtbb825
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 fe290 hesitation on hard acceleration

Hello, I have. 1996 carryall 6 I just put a brand new 290 engine in as a 350 was no longer available. The problem I'm having is that the cart hesitates under hard acceleration, if I ease into the throttle and slowly accelerate the cart is ok but if I mash the pedal down it will bogg down and hesitate for a second then start to take off. Also it seems to take a while to build up speed if I have a flat straight road I can get going pretty good but on short runs its real slow. Any ideas it's a brand new motor withe new card rpm limiter the works. I tried to adjust the governor but it doesn't move much at all hardly any in either direction. How much should it move? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dtbb825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 fe290 hesitation on hard acceleration

My KF82 seems to be doing the same thing, hope someone has some ideas
Kb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

something in the carburator is plugged up and not letting the gas flow fast enough inside the carb, your carb needs to be removed and cleaned very well, including the jets, also use compressed air from a air compressor
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Chuckie
Getting Wild

I wonder if this is what I need to do to my 2001 carryall? This problem seems to possibly be right down my alley.My post is the Harder Starting in Club Car
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This is to all of you guys, todays gas sucks, your carbs need the jets and all the passages cleaned cleaned and blowed out with a air compressor, your jets , pilot & main, are probably somewhat clogged up with gunk, you may be able to see through them if held upto the light. heres the thing, this gunk im refering to is like, lets say a coat of paint. this coating will build up on and in your jets and passages. So if you have lets say a number 42 main jet, now with this coating on everything from years of gas may change the tiny tiny holes in your jets to lets just say 40?, witch in turn starts to starve the engine of fuel. when you clean your jets from your carbs I always find a tiny tiny wire and run it through the jet and work the jet up and down on the wire, your trying to remove the thin coating that has built up in the hole of the jet. If you guys would like pictures just ask and I will try to come up with some. RSP
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
celtictodd
Not Yet Wild

Throdle cable springs weak put a zip tie on it one click at a time till you find the disired take off or cut it off if overeving and start over or find the pin out the top of your rear end shoulf have a hole in it should face the front of the cart if more pointed tword the driver side it will make the cart slower or tword the passanger it goes faster in tiny mavements sugested
celtictodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
elitemonster8
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I Have an 03 with the same engine. I am also having this problem. I have heard it can be something with the starter/generator, or the throttle cable. I hope this helps.
elitemonster8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Bnjcart
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1999 Ez 295. Doing same thing. I replaced carb and same thing. Also replaced fuel pump and gas.
Bnjcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car