lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Won't Start or run in reverse 89 Marathon

bump. Where are the 2 stroke techs?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2016, 12:27 PM   #12
wise
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 1983 Marathon 2 cycle it ran great when I got it but fuel was grav fed with small tank. Bought a carb, sel, volt reg fuel pump new starter gen, comp is 120 blew smoke in fuel pump hole to see if seals leaked and sprayed with wd40 don't see any leaks all bolts are tight value is clean, exhaust is clean. Not sure its wired right new starter was wired a little differ on a1 and a2 which I figured that out reverse and forward was backward. fixed that but the cart only starts when I squirt gas in carb fuel pumps squirts good filter fills. But it still don't start unless I feed fuel in carb filter area. If I keep trying to start it the F1 wire gets warm or a little hot all wires are tight. So I am dumb founded on this one have worked on bikes and 2 cycles many years looked over the forum do see anything that gets mine started unless I missed something or the Starter F/R is somehow wired wrong. It backfired out exhaust a bit when it ran adjusted carb a gas ped with the click that seemed to have fixed then until it stopped running that is when trouble starting began and got new carb & fuel pump then electical sys. So I am dumb founded on this one and why its not starting.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #13
Camohorse1978
Getting Wild

Same problem I had . I adjusted the float and it runs fine now. The float wouldn't open and allow gas in .
Camohorse1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #14
wise
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Seems the old carb had a rubber seat on float needle. The new carb i bought on ebay leaked and pulled apart on fuel in valve. so I took that new carbs needle valve and seat installed that in the older well cleaned carb. generator is new off ebay to but the f1 cable get warm and it won't start if you keep trying f1 gets hot. The way they had this cart wired at F/R C is grounded to frame F1 Going to solenoid tried to squirt gas in carb today this time it still wouldn't start at all just turns over but no actual starting with f1 Getting warm hot if you keep trying to start.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
wise
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Only thing else I can think of is pull the engine and take a closer look at the crankcase seals. Which I think I read on another thread you can replace them without breaking the engine down just not fully sure how that is done if that is the case. That could answer the real reason for exhaust backfires at low speeds just basically when you gave it a little gas. This is the 1st golf cart I have owned or worked on. I try to read all this threads to get answers before posting and asking. But this ones seems like it should start but its not.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #16
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinche View Post
Here is the wiring diagram I am using. Any Idea on how i would read the solenoid. I beleive my big posts are correct. But I am lost on how to identify the small posts. Thanks!
Here is what to do. The diagram can be confusing especially if someone changed the wire colors.

Assuming your solenoid has two large posts and two small posts, the cable on one large post goes to the battery, the cable on the second large post goes to the starter/generator. find your voltage regulator and trace the wires to see which one goes to the solenoid and which small post it goes to, according to the diagram is shows a red wire. Once you find which post this is, then you can use the diagram to trace the rest of the wires to see where they go from each post and determin if they are correct.
geer hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO