lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
RWC
Not Yet Wild

Smile 2005 Gas Precident - Help Adding a Radio & lights

Hello I am new to carts ,

I just got a 2005 Gas Precident, I want to add a radio and some led lights. What is the best way to run this? Extra battery or main battery?

On my Ezgo Electric I added a Marine Battery and ran these items from that extra battery. I also added a trickle charge to that battery so when i charged the cart's main battery's I could also plug it in and charge the extra battery.

On this Club car I thought since it has a battery already and I am assuming that when the cart is running it charges this battery I could just tap into my lights and run the other equipment? Or go straight to this battery then to my switches, then to my equipment?

Please give me any advice you can also a wiring diagram for this cart would be great as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
RWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2005 Gas Precident - Help Adding a Radio & lights

You can do either, it's up to you and what you want to do.

I currently run my audio and lights off the main battery but I have a second battery that I will be installing this year (ran out of time last summer) to run accessories off of. I want to run them off a separate battery so that when we are at the gravel pit I can leave the music on the entire time without worrying about killing the main battery and not being able to start the cart to go home. If you do this you will have to occasionally charge your auxiliary battery when the cart is parked

Or you can run a solenoid between the main battery and the auxiliary battery so that when the cart is running the generator will charge both batteries but when the cart is off the two batteries are independent of each other. That means you can run the auxiliary battery dead without effecting the main battery plus when you start driving the generator will recharge the battery.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

On my gas carts I always run just from the main battery. Never had a problem.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
RWC
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. I have also decide to run them from the main battery as well. Wired it all up last might and it works great.

Thanks again
RWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car