lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
toddsclub88
Not Yet Wild

Default I want to lift my CC DS 88 need advice

Hi i have a 88 club cart electric and i want to put 26" tires and a 8" lift.Will that look good? Is this a bad idea and i should go with the genaric 23" with a 6"?Please let me know the pros and cons.Thanks Todd.Ps im looking to spend about a grand.
toddsclub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Re: I want to lift my CC DS 88 need advice

'Will it look good' is subjective. The question you should be asking is, how will those tires impact the torque and performance of my 88 club car? Aside from looks, what sorts of stuff will you be using the cart for?

The larger the tire, the less 'torque' you will have for starting off, as well as, hill climbing.

If you start going to the larger sized tires and lifts - you're going to find you need to spend more money to get the cart to be able to 'use' those new fun bits.

I think there are a few guys who have done the 8" lift with the bigger tires - have a look at their threads. I love the look of it, I just don't know that I'd feel the same about the performance.

Just my .02,
Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Maybe it's not a big deal, but 8" seems really high to me, I'd be worried about rollover. But a few guys here have done it.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Check out this thread, they're building an '86 DS. It's a gas cart, but it's starting to come together. Once they get it back together you can see what it will look like.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-lift-25s.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
yukonjackgt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the 8in lift w 25in tires. You lose quite a bit of bottom end. i did a clone swap too so that made up for it. If your going to offroad it the 26s will rub. I also installed 2in wheel spacers all the way around mine is verry sturdy and hasnt felt like tipping over at all.
yukonjackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
toddsclub88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice.Its already slows going up small hills its 36 volt.No 4x4ing just beach cruising.
toddsclub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

if you have the stock electric system in place and even working well, you are only getting yourself into trouble with tires that big. those older systems can be very problemmatic
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts