lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
GAC
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing an electric bed lift - Carryall II

Bill, Your welcome but I would advise you to buy as heavy of one as you feel you can afford. This was my second attempt and it works but I use it like a dump truck. I am sure you could make one work mounting it in the front but you will need one that has a longer travel length. I think mine is 7" travel distance. It would work the actuator less if it was mounted in the front so as to remove the angle.

Jake,
Roaring river is a neat area and on the very west end of tablerock, very quiet over there in that area....
GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #12
fishman296
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've been in touch with Thompson Linear about what kind of actuator I need for my Carryall II (the original actuator was stolen).

The one on the loaner cart had a Thompson model # but Thompson says that was an OEM #. I suspect what happened is that Club Car bought several thousand actuators. An engineering firm Thompson referred me to says that's probably what happened, but Club Car might have reworked the actuator to specifically work on their Club Cars.

From Thompson's catalog, I selected what I thought would work: It's model D12-20A5-24, which just is an actuator 12v, 24" stroke, and 250 lb. capacity.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I need. Can't afford to spend $400+ on an actuator that might not work.

Thanks.
fishman296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #13
GAC
Getting Wild

Club Car

I bought mine off ebay, used. It was actually a 24v lift chair actuator but was rated for 500lbs and had the correct length. I did have to change the voltage. The fist actuator I bought was rated for 125lbs and I burned it up in no time since I use mine as a dump truck.
GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:20 AM   #14
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

The OEM are 6" 1500 lbs. but you can use 1000lb
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car