lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Blackhat
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Par Car No Start

I have a 1991 Columbia Par Car That I can't get started. I have checked the compression and it checked good at a consistent 120 PSI. I have spark and have checked the gap on the points. I have a nice bright spark. But it wont start even if i spray it with starting fluid. I am super frustrated and can seem to figure this out. Any help will be appreciated.
Blackhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Blackhat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 Par Car No Start

I know very little about 2 stroke motors, but is there a possibility it could be the reeds?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Blackhat
Not Yet Wild

I was really hoping to turn some wrenches on this thing tonight and saturday, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Yes, the reed valve is a possibility. The spark plug is another. Compression sounds a little high but I'm not sure about the 91. I always fall back on the info. that an internal combustion has to have 3 things to run. (1) Compression (2) A spark at the right time (3) fuel --- Don't use starting fluid (doesn't do your engine any good at all), use a little gas or fuel you use and not too much. Sometimes a spark plug will not work under compression and will spark out of the engine. I would check the reed valve.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
Blackhat
Not Yet Wild

I got it running! I pulled the carb off and cleaned the bowl out ( lots of sediment ) ran a wire through all the passages, blew through the fuel inlet and flipped the reeds and viola it runs. Thanks so much for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar