lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
pgagreg
Not Yet Wild

Default What does it mean if pull the OHV hose and burns oil out exhaust?

Have a 1998 DS that is smoking on take off after about 5 minutes of running. Compression is 160+ and runs strong. I adjusted the valves as they were sloppy. I think the cart was overfilled with oil at 1 time so I put a brand new exhaust on it for testing purposes.

When I run it wide open in service mode with the OHV hose off it starts blowing a big blue cloud out the exhaust.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
pgagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What does it mean if pull the OHV hose and burns oil out exhaust?

valve seals
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
pgagreg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What does it mean if pull the OHV hose and burns oil out exhaust?

the cart has a gremlin but I think you are right on the valve seals.

Today it did the opposite of the problem, it smoked until it got hot then stopped. I found I can replicate the problem by driving down a steep hill then full accelerate and it smokes. I changed the oil and filter and its not overfilled so looks like I will have to start with replacing the seals.

Does anyone have a tutorial handy for changing the valve seals and possibly the valves? the club car manual is mostly Chinese when I try and read it
pgagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car