lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
TomVa
Not Yet Wild

Default drive clutch removal ?

Hello all I'm new to the forum,. Can I remove the drive clutch with a wheel puller, using the the 3 holes in the face? Or will that just remove the face, sorry if this is a stupid ? I'm new to golf carts and my brother gave me a 93 club car with needing clutch, thank you in advance.
TomVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: drive clutch removal ?

You are correct, a standard three-bolt puller will only remove the face and not the main section that's pressed onto the crankshaft nub. You'll need to buy or borrow the special tool for taking it off. This is the one that pulls the clutch on your 1993 cart:

http://www.golfcartking.com/Club-Car...olt-p/5707.htm
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
TomVa
Not Yet Wild

I got it off, Thank you. I took the face off with the wheel puller then removed the snap ring and the backside slid off
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You took the entire drive clutch completely off the crankshaft by just sliding it off by hand? That's not supposed to happen. The drive clutch is a tight, press fit to the crankshaft, nobody here I've ever known of has been able to do it that easy.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
TomVa
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: drive clutch removal ?

No, sorry Springbok all I needed off were the clutch face and the back of it where the buttons and weights were, it had a long crack in it and I wanted to replace it but wasn't sure how it came off until you said just the face would come off so I took it off and looked around in there and spotted the snap ring, I guess the hardest thing for me is to ask a ? That makes sense, sorry for the confusion and thank you for responding. I'm gonna need a lot of help figuring these golf carts out, but I've been bitten by the bug, they sure are fun..
Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Ok, that makes sense. After I posted I thought that would have to be the case, that you just took the clutch apart to repair the main part of it, not replace the entire assembly. I was like "who is this guy who can remove a press-fit clutch with his bare hands? The Incredible Hulk?"

Yeah these carts are fun. I got into it when I was given the cart I have now about 2 years ago (pictured in my signature). It was just a stock gas cart that my father-in-law bought from a local golf course about 15 years ago. Then the motor blew up and that's how I got it.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
TomVa
Not Yet Wild

I did today go ahead and take the rest off because I decided to just get the entire clutch assembly after inspecting the parts. I got it off by whacking it hard with a rubber mallet right on the end of the shaft,a downward motion,took 5 or 6swings but it finally popped off, that's a nice cart you got springbok
Old 06-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
remo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys, after reading these post i researched a little more and found a simple solution to poping the stationary part of the driving clutch off the crankshaft. I tilted the engine clutch side up to a 45 degree angle and poured water into the hollow clutch cavity until it was overflowing. Then i used a brake caliper bolt from my old 89 chevy parts bin, teflon taped the threads (put lots on) and screwed it into the end of the stationary part of the clutch and hydraulics poped it off. It worked great on my 91 Club Car.

Great forum i'm enjoying it.
remo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car