lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
geno218
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default new key,no start jumped 12v to coil and it blew up...? am i missing something here

so i wired a new ignition switch onto my club car ds and after doing so it would not start. basic trouble shooting showed no spark went back and double checked everything i had done and it all looked right the only part i was unsure about was the white and white with black strip wire that are twisted together. to make a long story short i came to the conclution that i was not getting 12v to my coil so i put 12v there via fused jumper wire and well... that sucker blew up. my question is why and should the 2 white wires at my ignition be grounded or hooked to 12v or open during normal running? please help
geno218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: new key,no start jumped 12v to coil and it blew up...? am i missing something her

I know that the single wire going to the ingnition system is a ground kill switch. When you put it gear turn the key and press the pedal it take away the ground to the coil. That why when trouble shooting no spark you can uplig that one wire and see if it starts.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
96 club car, ignition wire, let the smoke out, no start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car