lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default Hard start

I have a 2000 cc with a FE290 engine and it is hard to start.i replaced the spark plug and coil and air filter and changed the oil and oil filter.but I still have to prime it with gas or starter fluid.then it starts.i can kill it and restart it but if I leave it setting over night it will not start until I prime it again.if the fuel pump is bad would that cause the problem.if so im thinking about adding a 12 volt very low pressure gas pump on it but do not want to spend the extra mone on a 12 volt pump if I don't have to. so tell me whats my problem
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hard start

sounds like a carb issue, any gas leaking from the bowl? A leaking bowl would cause you to prime it so the motor can run and pump more fuel into the carb/bowl.
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Hey thanks but bowl is not leaking..so what now
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Have you checked compression. Some times when a motor gets low on compression it needs heavy fluid in the cylinder to seal it up to crank. Then it's fine untill cool down. On the these motors if it's low and you have taken care of it. Probably just need to check the valve clearance. I've seen 60 lb motor come to life with 180 just because the valves were down to tight. Easy to check valves. Pull the plug. Rotate motor until piston is dead top. Remove The 2 screws holding valve cover. Rocker arms should have very little play I them. They shouldnt be tight on the valve stem. I think there set at .008
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car