lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Running Synthetic motor oil ???

Need advice on 2002 DS FE290 oil change. would it hurt to run Mobile 1 or any other quality synthetic motor oil, and also what weigth for southern climate. Thanks
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
5string
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Running Synthetic motor oil ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCart View Post
Need advice on 2002 DS FE290 oil change. would it hurt to run Mobile 1 or any other quality synthetic motor oil, and also what weigth for southern climate. Thanks
I have been using Mobil 1 full syn 10w30 since I bought my 99' Club Car 3 years ago. I am in Canada but only use the cart in the spring/summer.
5string is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks 5 String , After posting I finally dug up some old threads concerning synthetics . Im going all synthetic now, engine and rear diff.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My experience was not good when I tried synthetic oil in my 93 DS. It started to loose oil around the crankcase seal and burning oil. I went back to regular oil but it continued to get worse until it got to the point that I pulled the motor and overhauled it last month. It could have been coincidence that it started when I changed to synthetic but afraid to try it again.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

We run Synthetic in all our carts, generators, zero turns, etc....

Klotz oils MX-4 for 4 strokes

Pricy but I have never had an engine problem related to the oil.

I even run Klotz in my weed eater, chain saw etc..... Heck drop a couple of ounces in your golf cart tank and enjoy the race smell.

Make sure its the pre-mix, Benol or Super Techniplate.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Theres also the big debate on ZDDP oil. All I run is Valvoline Racing. It still has ZDDP and air cooled engines need that in my opinion. Plus there flat tappet cams and they need ZDDP.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
My experience was not good when I tried synthetic oil in my 93 DS. It started to loose oil around the crankcase seal and burning oil. I went back to regular oil but it continued to get worse until it got to the point that I pulled the motor and overhauled it last month. It could have been coincidence that it started when I changed to synthetic but afraid to try it again.
WOW...... That's interesting now you're scaring me.
maybe I should just stick to Dino in the motor and maybe put the Synthetic gear lube in the rear end.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Be sure to read up on gm and hd findings on this subject. Both and others have done much testing to dispel any myths on non syn oils.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #9
CarolinaMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not to steal the thread, but is anyone had any experience with Royal Purple synthetics?
CarolinaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Weve run synthetics in small engines on Race Karts since the early 80s.Small engines are one place i highly recommend them.Of course,it needs to be a decent engine,worn,smoking motors are not worth the added expense,and wont see any advantages from the better oils.Synthetics are highly recommended due to the increased rpm and longer run times that carts get,compared to what they were designed for.I run it in ours,and have had excellent results.If you have a fresh motor,run standard oil for a good break-in period before switching over to synthetics.Royal Purple and Klotz are excellent products,we have used Klotz 4-cycle since 1983,and have seen the benefits in kart motors.It works.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car