lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #21
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone running 14x7 wheels on late Precedent? What backspace?

Thanks for the link. They have some great looking wheels!

The right 14" package for a stock suspension height is very elusive. The more I look, the more I cam concerned about fit. 6 or 6.5" wheels may help but I don't think I'll be happy with the look. I may settle for 12x7", save a couple bucks and put it into the motor!
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #22
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
I may settle for 12x7", save a couple bucks and put it into the motor!
Two advantages to the 12x7" rim IMO, little less for the motor to turn and you can put slightly wider tires which I rather that look. Also you don't have a rubber-band type tire it has a little more height but not too much which makes it look more like a fat race tire, bad to the bone track tire look.
My plan it to put an All-sports 3" lift, this way I can always add a larger motor later no issues, also the rim will be like my other cart with I think it was a 3.5" 4.5" offset, the 3.5" was in inside depth, thus pushing the rim out 1" and the tires are slightly wider than most by 1/2" which give an overall wider stance on the cart vrs. a taller stance as in a buggy with grips and all jacked up.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:29 AM   #23
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Thanks for the link. They have some great looking wheels!

The right 14" package for a stock suspension height is very elusive. The more I look, the more I cam concerned about fit. 6 or 6.5" wheels may help but I don't think I'll be happy with the look. I may settle for 12x7", save a couple bucks and put it into the motor!
I could be wrong but most of the 12x6" and 12x6.5" wheels I researched tended to have a decent amount of negative offset. (-0.5 to -1.0 range)(-20mm to -30mm range). The negative offset would give the cart a wider tire look without the actual tire needing to be wider. Although, I have seen 12x7 with greater than -40mm (-1.5") of offset which would be an extremely wide look. Again, that's only my opinion on what I've researched and sadly haven't even purchased a set yet.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car